Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Temple and Fun Evening

Last night was really great. I had invited my dad up for the evening b/c Temple's symphony orchestra was playing at Lincoln Center for an alumni event that I wanted to attend. I thought my dad would enjoy the show, so I invited him. Anyway---everything worked like clockwork. I met him at Lincoln Center and we walked over to the NY Ethical Society where our new president was speaking and there was a reception and cocktail hour beforehand. That was really nice. I'd heard great things about the new president, she's the first woman, and I got to meet her. Awesome.

The concert was really the highlight of the night for sure! They had a great program:

Berlioz: Overture to Benevenuto Cellini

Grondahl: Concerto for Trombone and Orchestra

Debussy: Prelude a l'apres-midi d'un faune

Respighi: Pini di Roma***

**that was my favorite. It was incredible.

Then, my dad and I walked home through the park and stopped to get some dinner b/c neither of us had been properly nourished. We split some pasta and caprese salad. My dad had wine too. It was great. We totally caught up and I told him a bunch of stuff that was going on with me and everything. We also talked about grad schools, etc.

Thanks for coming Pop!

Tonight I'm seeing Darren for drinks before I finish my final packing escapade. :)

Love,
Lauren

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, April 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a fun evening with Lauren. We hit Heartland Brewery for a couple of hours and caught up on the past year. We are certainly going to make this a habit since I'll be in the city more often - at least once a month. And maybe I'll be on site this summer...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home