Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

V-Day and Travels

Good morning!

Well, I'm pretty tired considering my adventure last night. Even though so many of you had your fingers crossed for my flight not to be cancelled, it was. I checked online at like 2pm and found out that pretty much all the shuttle flights were cancelled b/c of the storm up the ENTIRE eastern seaboard. I called Jake and was desperately bummed out.

B/c I was so looking forward to seeing him and having Valentine's day dinner with him I bought a train ticket to DC. It was on time and perfect. The only bad thing was that I was so anxious about seeing him that it seemed to take forever. I finally got there in the bitter cold.

He is seriously the best boyfriend ever. He made me dinner---I will elaborate on the menu in a moment. He had this great bottle of wine that his mom had given him for xmas that he wanted to use on a special occasion---which is EXACTLY what last night was. Ok---he made these incredible lamb chops marinated in like rosemary and some other green stuff---he put those on the grill and then put this like tart sauce on it that was delicious. He also grilled shrimp and put pesto on it---omg. He made scalloped potatoes that was perfect and then the salad he made was to die for---it was spinich, orange pepper, pear, feta with this incredible vinaigrette.

For dessert, NICE champagne and this chocolate cake this his co-worker made for us (it was so cute that she baked that) . Jake put gummy bears on top b/c he knows I love them. We had an incredible night and it was literally perfect. Worth every penny of the train ticket. :)

The roses he got me smell so good right now at my desk. I wanted to take them home tonight but I have my suitcase from LAST night and my work bag and I can't carry a HUGE vase of roses too. I'm not that good. I will make sure to trim the stems and refresh the water before I leave for LA.

Speaking of LA---can I please tell you how excited I am about it?! It is 70+ degrees there right now. I can wear flip flops, sunglasses, and my awesome collection of capri pants that I've been wanting to break out for a while now. Too bad the artic chill has put a damper on my capri dreams. Can't wait! Don't be jealous....

I also have something else to say. Yesterday, Alexi called me while I was on the train and told me the most ridiculous thing EVER. She said that since she works by this big tower---when it snows or like gets all icey and then the ice starts to melt, these HUGE ice slabs fall hundreds of feet off the tower and smash into peoples cars and total them. Alexi said that THREE cars were totaled yesterday. The employees aren't allowed to leave the building b/c they might die if they get hit by a falling icicle.

Lets examine this for a second:
1. WTF?
2. people's cars getting totaled? people getting seriously hurt? liability much?
3. don't you think it would cost LESS money to protect the cars/people than paying money out after they are totalled? it's called prevention!
4. i still can't believe what Alexi told me. She also said that they ordered pizza for the whole building so no one would leave and then possibly die. again, would save money if they did something about the icicles.
5. WTF?

Ok, I have to get back to work.

Love,
Lauren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home