Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Monday, February 05, 2007

008 Weekend and Last Week Highlights

This weekend was 008 girls get together. We hadn't all been together since May of 2004 when we all went to the Outer Banks after graduation. I messed everything up when I got hit by the drunk driver and couldn't go to CK's wedding. Anyway---it was totally worth driving to Frederick for the trip. Carolyn has an awesome house and Frederick was pretty awesome as well.

A bunch of stuff happened last week that I kept meaning to write about in the blog but I never really got a chance too.


  • Had dinner with Court and Gianna after a long ass meeting for work. We went to Bobby Van's and I had a killer steak. We all caught up and it was so great. I love the feeling of reconnection after so long without knowing what's going on with people.
  • On Tuesday I went to see Sarah Silverman at Caroline's with Jess. She is so cute and hilarious. I'm really glad I went but Jess said that she was annoyed b/c a lot of her routines were from her movie which Jess already saw. It's cool how someone that is so cute can have such a filthy mouth.
  • Caught TWO mice b/c I was smart and removed the peanut butter, made the traps more sensitive and doused them in vanilla extract. It was horribly disgusting but I totally caught TWO!!! I'm a rock star.
  • Went to Timmy's send off party at Papillion for open bar and tons of work people fun. A bunch of us were planning on taking a trip together in March but really...my schedule would JUST not have it! So---a few people are going on the trip and the rest of us aren't. But I'm going to Costa Rica with Jake so it's totally OK.
  • Was supposed to go out with Tessa and Sarah on Thursday night but I ended up staying at work a bit late and then going home to clean, organize and get a whole bunch of crap together for the 008 weekend. I was leaving right from work so I had to have everything ready, none of this----pack in the morning last minute shit.

OK, back to the 008 weekend. Lindsay picked me up from work right at 5 and then we drove uptown to pick up Bethy and then our adventures began. I was rainy and icey and just generally the worst weather possible to be driving for a bunch of hours. I finally made it out of the city and then began our tour of the Philadelphia area. Of course, since I was in charge for part of the way, we got lost. Finally we pick up Susannah in Philadelphia and then proceed to drive three more hours to Frederick. We were all so excited to be there and be together.

The first night we just drank wine, talked and lounged around. It was really nice to see everyone and talk about crap that we just needed to update each other on. We all eventually realized we needed to fall asleep. Then in the morning we woke up, took our GRAND old time and we all made breakfast. I was in charge of the bacon, Leah---the eggs and Susannah the pancakes. Carolyn made coffee and helped out with setting the table and everything. The food was so good and also---I was so jealous that CK had a griddle. It was awesome and I wish I had one. You can cook EVERYTHING on there. It was great! Then, we slowly took showers and headed out to the OUTLETS!!!!

I spent more money than I should but I got a whole bunch of really cool stuff so I don't feel that bad about it. The coolest thing I got were these two awesome pairs of shoes from Nine West Outlet, seriously, they were $40 bucks each, it was glorious. Then----I also snagged a pair of camo capris from the Gap Outlet that I've been wanting since I was born. I felt very happy with these purchases. I almost bought a suit from Banana but the jacket was weird an I didn't like that it had this extra pocket and stuff. So I only got the pants. I figure that I can get a suit jacket (it would be black) at one of the Banana stores here and be just fine.

We drove back home after a long day of shopping and relaxed for a bit until we had to head out again for our wonderful Indian dinner. It was so yummy. We were there for seriously three hours. The service was really bad but we didn't care too much b/c we loved hanging out with each other. Emily and her fiance Tom also live in Frederick (Susannah's sister) so she joined us for dinner as well. Then we went back to the house and proceeded to play loaded questions (with Christian!) for about three hours. It was awesome. Christian was such a trooper and he played awesomely and blended right into our raunchy discussions and gross antics. He was one of the girls....

Finally passing out----we woke up earlish, thre on clothes and then drove off into the sunset. And if my "into the sunset" I mean---drove to philly, and dropped off Sho and headed back to NYC. I took a nap in the back seat, since I'm not allowed to sit in the front, for about an hour, and then LB dropped Beth off and then me.

I cleaned my apartment a little bit, which was awesome. I found some mice poop and cleaned that shit up (pun intended) and also did the dishes. It was very nice. Then I headed down to Lb's to watch the Superbowl and chill. We ordered pizza and hung out and drank beer. It was fantastico.

OK---I think that's all the recap I can give.

Love,

Lauren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home