Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Waxing and Butter

It was a nice surprise this morning when after waiting in the artic chill for five minutes (read: eternity) the bus to work had NO HEAT. I knew something was wrong when I could see my breath and that my ass was so frozen from sitting on the seat I thought I'd never be able to feel it again. It's still cold and I've been at work for about 30 minutes already. Are you kidding me? That poor bus driver! On a day like today there should be no busses allowed on the street like that. Seriously!

Another problem is that I got my first brazilian bikini wax yesterday after work and since there is no hair there or on my legs-----my lower extremities get colder faster. You wouldn't think that it would make much of a difference, but really----it TOTALLY does.

After my waxing appointment yesterday afternoon I met up with Lindsay and Beth b/c we had reservations at Butter. I was very siked for the dinner and for hanging out with them. As usual...

Food was pretty good. Our waiter kept hovering and was a little annoying and I think that Beth said something like, "I'm not really connecting with our waiter." which was right on the ball. We had wine and it was glorious.

Oh, I meant to say something yesterday on the blog but I forgot and I didn't want to edit the post after I posted it. I hate doing that. Ok, well...on Tuesday I think Annabelle called me at work b/c we were both relatively bored and she informed me that Dave---yes, asshole Dave---is moving back to the States (read: MD) with his new adorable wife. Ok, so remember that I really don't like Dave and I think he's a jerk and I could give TWO shits what he's doing but...I was secretly/publically hoping that he would stay on a different continent forever. I just don't really feel like running into him.

I also want Jake to come to Whitlows in March. I want to make it a mandate that Dave and Marie don't come, but honestly, I actually don't give a rats ass. I think it's fine and whatever. I just wanted to make sure that my readers knew about this new development.

Ok---I have to work today. I have a bunch of crap I need to take care of and I can tell that the shit is going to hit the fan today with problems. It's always when you want to have a nice relaxing day that everything goes wrong and you end up dealing with REALLY stupid people.

Love,
Lauren

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, February 05, 2007, Blogger alexi said…

    I'm really sorry I stopped reading the blog for a couple weeks. I'm all caught up now and I promise it won't happen again:-)

    soooooooooo fun to see you this weekend!! xoxoxox

     

Post a Comment

<< Home