Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Anniversary and Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

I want to take a moment to mark a very special day in the life of SimplyLauren. Today this blog is one year old. A whole year. Oh how we've grown so much together. So many stories. So many travels, rodents, friends, boys, food, parties and friends. Here's to many more years and many more life experiences. If you want to take a look back at some past entries, now is the time to do it. I hope you enjoy your reminiscing. :)

Last night the girls came over for dinner. It was delicious. I didn't make any mistakes really except for the one where when I used Vanilla Vodka in the Penne alla Vodka instead of normal. Thank god you couldn't taste it. The salad was fantastic and the Red Velvet cupcakes were AMAZING. I wish I could give you a virtual taste of them. Honest to God they were awesome. I'm not even trying to like talk it up or anything, they were da bomb. We had a great time all together. Yay for holiday dinners!

Tonight I am going down to see Jake for the evening. Yes, I'll literally only be gone for 12 hours, but to me it's worth it to see him. He's making me dinner but he refuses to tell me what it is. I like surprises. I'm getting nervous though b/c the weather is not exactly sunny and warm. It's all snowy and rainy and stuff. I am praying that there are no flight delays. It sucks b/c these planes come from Boston and stuff where it's probably colder and more snowy. I am thinking there is going to be some sort of delay. Not sure what I'm going to do if that happens. Probably cry a lot. I don't want to think about that. It's like----go tonight or go never b/c I can't take off tomorrow since Kerri is on vacation and I'm the only one that knows how to do this spreadsheet thing. It's like also tough b/c I'm leaving for LA after work on Friday to go out and see Amos and Liz. So much traveling!

So----for tonight, think happy airport thoughts, not bad ones.

There is a woman in one of my managers office right now and she is weating a clazer with red lips all over it. Yikes stripes! Also, as a sidebar, she is one of the ugliest people I know. I already know I'm going to hell--no need to remind me.

SHOUT OUTS:
Jess, Beth, LB: Thanks for coming last night. I had a great time! I love you all! xo

Darren---Yes, Jaxx and I are "running 'SEL". Want to staff? Let us know!

Jake: Happy Valentine's Day! xoxox

Keep reading and send my link to your friends!

Love,
Lauren

1 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, February 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    People, the red velvet cupcakes were indeed delish. They were from scratch and had these mini chocolate chips in them and a heavenly homemade frosting to boot. I ate SOOOOOOOOOOOO much last night but it was worth the stomach pains!! Thanks for having us! Have fun with Jake you lucky girl!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home