Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

New York and Dinner Last Night

This morning was cold. I walked out of my apartment this morning to a dusting of snow on the group and a seemingly silent city. I love New York in the early mornings. It really provides me with a sense of calm and it's a great start to my day.

Last night before I went to bed, when I was talking to Jake---my bedroom was freezing. It was particularly cold in my room. My windows suck and it's like my radiator can't emminate enough heat. I cranked it up, stuffed a bunch of old Blair t-shirts in the window bottom and then crawled back into my bed. This morning was great! It was warmish in my room and not like artic breeze that it was last night.

Last night after work I was talking to Jake on the phone and we were figuring out our Costa Rica plans. It turns out that we, being the un-researching idiots that we are, were flying into the wrong airport. We were flying into San Jose, which is the capital instead of the smaller airport, Liberia which is a 20 minute drive from the beach instead of a FIVE HOUR drive from the beach and the hotel we want to stay at. Are you kidding me?

*enter Lauren flipping out*

So---I basically made him take care of everything and he called up the airline. It turns out that we have to cancel our old tickets and buy new tickets into the right airport. It's way easier. Then we have like a butt load of credit on the airline (Taca Air---I know right?!) for another trip within the year. Anyway---it definitely sucked and I felt totally bad about the error, but now everything is ok and today we are booking the hotel. Whoo-hoo!

Then I went over to Lindsay's to hang out with Robert who was in town on business. We were supposed to hang out with him on Monday night but his flight kept getting delayed and stuff and Beth and I were too tired to hang around. We were really excited when he blew off his dinner to come hang out with us. LB was cooking dinner and we were chillin' with brewskys in her apt. Unfortunatly, I already had a dinner planned with my friend Matt from college. I seriously haven't seen Matt since graduation. We swam together on the club team and we had a mutual friend Aaron that was in like all my political science classes. Anyway---he works at Deutsche Bank downtown and we met up. We were supposed to go to the phatty burger place "Rare" but when we got there. I never made a reservation, like an idiot. The wait was going to be really long so instead we walked over to 3rd and found this italian place "Rio Grande" and had Mexican. It was really yummy. We had a great time and it was totally great to catch up with him. We should probably do it like every month---but you know how that goes.

Then I headed uptown in a cab in the FREEZING cold artic weather.

Today's Matt, my office crush's birthday. I just found out. Aww..... It's ok. Jake knows all about my office crush and everything and he's totally cool with it. He knows he's my main man.

Today should be a good day. But every day is a good day recently. I think it's b/c of Jake. :)

Sorry about the lack of posts, I'm really busy. It's almost insane how busy I am. I will work out some sort of schedule I promise.

Love,
Lauren

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home