Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Spelling Bee and Mars Rover

This weekend was fantastic I think. Stephanie was up and we had a jam packed weekend full of fun and excitement and FREEZING cold weather. Let me give you the run down...

Friday

  • Pick her up from the airport. It was perfect timing. We took a cab back into the city. It was snowing/sleeting on the tri-boro when we returned.
  • Relaxed a bit at my apt. She saw my fish we were really hungry.
  • Walked to the Italian restaurant by mi casa and ate a delicious dinner and drank good wine. I had this shrimp thing and Stephanie had lasagne. I told her about Jake---she was really supportive and excited for me. :)
  • Went home, put on warmer clothes and then we went for a walk b/c we were so full. We walked down and then back up Madison avenue to look at the boutiques and all the cool stores.
  • Came back home, crashed

***2am***

SHK: Lauren! Lauren! Come in here! Something's breaking! Help! Oh my god! What is that?

SL: (Running in from room) What? OMG!

SHK: I think it's a mouse. I think it's in the trap. Turn on the light and check.

SL: (turns on light) Yes, there's one in there. Ew. I'll take care of it in the morning.

****

Saturday:

  • Clean up and throw away dead mouse
  • Didn't really eat breakfast. Headed downtown to use up Stephanie's gift certificate to Bigelow's in the village. Bought a whole bunch of stuff we didn't need.
  • Ate breakfast/drank hot chocolate at Starbucks
  • Was really freezing, trying to find a place where Steph could by a hat/scarf that were warmer
  • Wandered into Benetton, b/c they were having a sale. Tried on a few things. Bought a suit for $109---talk about a good deal!
  • Headed uptown to Broadway---we had tickets to "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee". Got there early and filled out this survey about being in the bee. They pick 4 people to participate in the show as spellers
  • I GOT PICKED! I spelled so many words right. It was fantastic. I was on stage for about 45 minutes! Awesome.
  • Talked with some of the actors after the show---stephanie and I walked over to the 6 train, hopped on it----grabbed a slice, dropped off stuff at my apt. Headed back downtown.
  • We had tickets to SNL---Jeremy Piven hosting. Word. It was great. The line was long and obnoxious but once we got there is was hilarious. Amy Poehler is hysterical. Quality!
  • Came home---pretty much crashed.

Sunday:

  • Went to H&H while my sister took a shower and got bagels and OJ for breakfast. Ate it.
  • Walked over to the Natural History Museum through Central Park. It was really cold.
  • Saw the planetarium show called "Cosmic Collissions". I saw the same one when Alp came to visit in the summer. It was still really awesome.
  • Then we walked around the museum a bit. Went into the gift shop---Stephanie got some cool stuff for her boys.
  • Saw the IMAX movie called "Mars Rover". It was possibly the coolest movie i'd ever seen. Yes, I cried. I cried at the part when the scientists are all celebrating b/c Mars Rover (there are two by the way---Spirit and Opportunity) landed on Mars and started taking the first pictures of the planet EVER. It was so emotional. **
  • Walked to Kate's paperie so that she could get invitations for Bora's bday party this weekend.
  • Walked back home----stopped at bagel place again to get a sandwich. Ate it.
  • Relaxed a bit. Took a cab to the airport. Dropped her off. I took a bus home.

Then later on with Jess and Viviana---after a nap----I headed out to Sutton Place to watch the Colts/Pats game. It was quite intense. I want to have sex with Tom Brady. Too bad they lost after a double digit lead! It was so upsetting to me. Oh well----Go Bears!

**feel free to make fun of me about this.**

Stephanie and I also decided that she is going to come up twice a year to hang out with her cool sister (that's me by the way).

Love,

Lauren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home