Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Baking Champion and German Chocolate

Last night was a shit show of sorts. I had so much to do and totally not enough time to do it.
I'm having another infamous dinner party tonight---theme: Valentine's Day. Shocker.

I'm really excited about the menu and of course everything surrounding the night. I would write about the menu on this blog, but it's a surprise for the people attending and I don't want to ruin it in case someone decides to read the blog and then find out what is going on. The only thing I told them is that the theme is "red". I mean, obviously the underlying theme is Valentine's Day, but everything they eat is going to be red.

So----I had to bake some sugar cookies, and frost and decorate them for the girls tonight. That took like two hours. Then I had to venture out to try and find a german chocolate cake mix.

TOO BAD NO GROCERY STORE ON THE ENTIRE UPPER EAST SIDE HAS THAT!!!

Luckily I did find a red velvet cake mix that I ended up using and I think they came out great. I spent a long time making them. It was seriously so annoying to walk to every store to try and fine this ficticious cake mix. Anyway---the only thing that changed was that I didn't have to add red food coloring.

I baked a butt load last night. I didn't have to stay up too late thought. Mostly cause I'm such a bad ass.

I will report tomorrow on how everything went. Be jealous.

Love,
Lauren

Cute Boyfriend Story:
Jake sent me a dozen long stemmed roses to work for Valentines' day. He also wrote me the cutest note about how it's his first good Valentine's day and that I was worth the wait. OMG---how cute is he??? I was so embarrased carrying the HUGE flowers back to my desk. Matt and Adam were giving me SUCH a hard time about it. My face was as red as the roses. I think that's part of the reason he sends them b/c he knows how embarrased I get. Ha! Anyway, they are gorgeous so I'm not complaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home