Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Monday, February 12, 2007

FDNY and MLW

Good Monday Morning! Remember when Donnie Simpson used to say that every morning on the bus to school at the old Blair when I actually used to take the bus? Anyway---I totally thought Donnie Simpson was white until I saw him at some PGC thing that I went to. I was shocked. You know how you are totally thinking what someone looks like after listening to them on the radio and everything and then you meet them and they are nothing like you'd imagined? Well that was the situation with me meeting Donnie Simpson. I just thought he was white. I know it didn't even technically make sense for him to be white since it was such an "urban" radio station and everything but like----still, I thought he was.

Anyway---Friday night I spent on the phone with Jackie planning MSEL 2007---get ready people. It's going to be amazing. I'm so excited about everything about the program and I think that everyone should come back and staff!!! I also spent it cleaning my god forsaken apartment. There were clothes every where. It seriously took me over two hours to put everything away. I still don't have ALL the clothes put away b/c I ran out of skirt hangers. I need to get some more.

Valentine's Day is coming up. I'm flying down for the night to see Jake. He's making me dinner and we are just going to hang out. He won't tell me what he's making, it's a surprise. I'm in that place right now where I want to know but I don't at the same time. It doesn't matter anyway b/c it's not like he's going to tell me either way. Should be good times. I'm praying for good weather on the flight down (and back for that matter) . It's supposed to snow and stuff---that wintry mix crap. What does that even mean? Is it like chex mix? A mix of what? There is only so many types of preciptation right? How can they all be coming down together? I might have to defer on weathergirl Alexi on this one...

Bottom Line: I'm excited.

On Saturday morning I woke up early to meet Jess at this bus stop in Harlem so that we could travel together to Randall's Island to the FDNY training facility. Jess is dating this REALLY cute guy Dillon who is a fireman. Yes, a fireman. Can you think of anything sexier? It was seriously one of the coolest things ever. There were like 200 fireman all in uniform and everything showing off their stuff. There was only ONE girl. She was my hero. Ok anyway----they were doing all these type of stunts and everything. Dillon=so adorable. I took a bunch of pictures and for those of you that actually know me and know how to hang out with me----I will show you them or send you to the link on yahoo.

For the rest of the weekend---it was great. QT with Jake. :) Fantastic as usual.

Alright----I'm getting sidetracked and I need to focus on work stuff. Mike just brought in these peppermint patties that are heart shaped and have pink insides. Yay! candy!

Have a great day everyone!


SHOUT OUTS:
Cem: Happy Birthday Yesterday! I hope you had a great day and I wish I had been down there to hang out with you and the gang! Also---good luck on your interview in Boston! I hope you get it.

Jake-:)

Jaxx---Can't wait to work with you this summer. It's going to be da bomb.


Love,
Lauren

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, February 13, 2007, Blogger dmondeac said…

    So you and Jaxx are running MSEL? I need to get back in the mix! WOW, the summer is going to rock. Enjoy V'Day L-Dogg. Derwood

     
  • At Wednesday, February 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so sorry I was slacking on the weather forecast. I guess now would not be a good time to tell you that the weather blows and its only going to get colder as the day progresses, down to 15 in Bmore and everything is going to re-freeze for tomorrow. Now that your flight has been canceled and you declared you hate valentine's day forever and ever--it's not very relevant information. But happy v-day anyway...love u!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home