Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Lesbian Question and Accomplishments

This morning, as I was taking the raisins out of my raisin bran, which I do every morning practically---there was a mega death raisin. It was about the size of a super huge peanut m&m. What a horrible sight to see. Obviously this went into the trash. I hate raisins and the fact that my boss gets me raisin bran every morning just exacerbates the situation. But, as the old adage goes: Beggers can't be choosers.

Since my second mouse catching experience over New Years, I have to say that I've lost my trap-setting touch. Remember how hard it was for me in the beginning? Well---for the past two days I have NOT been able to set the mouse trap under my sink to save my life. It's so frustrating. So much so that I really end up having a temper tantrum of sorts and then give up. I know I have another one b/c when I actually did get it set up, the peanut butter was gone and the trap never went off. Damn this world! I will have to try again tonight maybe but I guarantee that it will result in my finger getting snapped off and screams and cussing.

OK. So I have a problem. There is this girl Diana that I met at one of the Sons of Norway events that I sponsored. She goes to NYU for like art history or something---maybe it's art preservation or something. yeah, I think it's conservation---where you have to know all this chemistry and stuff that I have no interest in learning about. Anyway, she was really nice. She also ended up being from like Rockville and going to Walter Johnson or some random shit like that. She also lived aprx. 1 block from my apt. There were a lot of weird uncommon commonalities and similarities and stuff. She also runs. OK. So we walked home from the bar that night together, exchanged numbers if we ever wanted to hang out or anything. I got a call from her about two weeks after that or so----asking if I wanted to come over and like hang out with her-- and "she's going to open a bottle of wine" or something like that. I played it for James---I know commence laughing---to see if it sounded lesbionic or anything and he said it didn't. But then like a week later I played it for Beth and she was like----"woah, shady." So, I trusted Beth over James. Obviously. So, last night as I was coming home from my lecture on Bernini I thought I saw her running. By the way she totally ran like a duck. So----then like I hear, "Lauren?" And this is our conversation:

SL: Hey, I thought that was you, but I didn't want to say anything in case it wasn't.
Diana: Yeah, how are you?
SL: I know you are running, you can keep running I know how people get about getting their runs inturrupted.
Diana: No, I can talk for a sec
SL: (crap) Sorry I never called you back. December was really busy for me.
Diana: Um, it's ok.
SL: Are you on a break from school?
Diana: Actually, this week we have this huge thing, I should actually be at school right now...
SL: Oh, well...yeah, so it was good seeing you. Take care.
Diana: We should hang out sometime.
SL: Yeah, gimmie a call.
Diana: How about Monday night? I have no school and.....(something I blocked out)
SL: Yeah, maybe I have to see.
Diana: I dunno...I just feel like....entertaining.
SL: Right. Ok, well gimmie a call. Have a good run.
Diana: Bye.

Ok, so many of you may not think that it sounds lesbionic or anything from my written portrayal, but really I get all these weird vibes from her. Do I have a "I like girls vibe" that I'm unaware of? I feel like this thing always happens to me. What should I do? I need your advice. Also, keep in mind that I really don't want to hang out with her on Monday. I have plans with Jess already so it's easy to say I'm busy, b/c it's not even a lie. But---like what if she calls again or something?! I dunno. Rock + Hard place = me in between.

Shifting gears a bit, tonight I have a conference call with the MLW directors. I'm also baking cupcakes for Tessa's bday with Sarah at mi casa afterwards. Should be a good time. I have to remember to clean up the place a bit.

Things I have to do after work:
1. Vacuum living room and bedroom
2. Do dishes
3. Clean off kitchen table
4. File things
5. Pick up prescription
6. Buy a fish/two fish*
7. Pick up contacts
8. Hide all incriminating things in my apt.

*Yes, my fish tank has been sans fish for over a month. I'm going to get some today after work I think.

Last night was an accomplishment for me. I actually put away my clothes and made a real dent in the cleaning of my living room area. Phew...just small details left today. Additionally, I have this metal shelf thing in my kitchen that holds a lot of stuff and it was built wrong. Yes, of course I built it. It was all crooked and it was REALLY starting to annoy me. So I fixed it, but not without problem. There were a few slamming parts down and times where I had to walk away, but it's finally finished and not crooked. YAY for determination!

Ok----I think I've written enough for today.

Have a great Thursday!

Love,
Lauren

4 Comments:

  • At Thursday, January 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "there were a few slamming parts down" -- sounds like my experiences with ikea furniture. anyways, i have a perfect plan for diana. when she calls you promptly at 5 pm on monday, just start talking away about your boyfriend and how its getting really serious and you are really excited about it. that will quickly end her lesbo crush on you. good luck with the conference call.

     
  • At Thursday, January 11, 2007, Blogger Simply Lauren. said…

    mike. first of all---i have off work on monday. thank you MLK. jr. Second of all, i hate when people talk about their boyfriends. what if that just makes her think i'm bi? yikes! what a conundrum?!

     
  • At Thursday, January 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok, well, then you could just give in and start a relationship with her. you know they say its best to try new things while you're still young.

     
  • At Thursday, January 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hahahahaha I like Mike's advice!! I also like your new adjective "lesbionic". Excellent work Miss Webster!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home