Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Rite Aid and Game Night

Ah, last night was great. I did several amazing things that I have to tell you all about.

First is that I went to the chiropractor and he fixed my back. If you haven't noticed, I no longer have an enormous crush on my chiro. Instead, we have a very friendly relationship. He cracked my back and neck and I feel better. I want to make sure I'm all stretched out for gymnastics next week. Which can I TELL you how excited I am about that?!

I have some goals for bars by the beginning of the summer of skills I'd like to be able to do without killing myself:
1. back hip circle/clear hip circle
2. front hip circle
3. kip
4. long hang kip
5. really good giant swings---possible layout/back flip dismount
6. long hang pullover

Goals for floor:
1. round off back handspring (prob 2 in a row)
2. front tuck
3. front handspring front tuck
4. round off back whip
5. round off back handspring back tuck
6. aerial

I know that for a lot of you those mean nothing but I just wanted to write down my goals so that I could see them on paper. Get my drift?

After the chiro I headed over to the city parks pool on 54th and 1st. I joined. Listen to this deal: It's $75 for THE ENTIRE YEAR. Dude, that's pretty much what I was paying at effing NYSC PER MONTH. So I'm def quitting the gym, as I mentioned yesterday.

I'm going to go quit the gym after this lecture I'm attending at the MET after work on Bernini. For all of you that don't know who he is, he's a really famous italian baroque artist that worked mainly in Rome. He was an architect, sculptor, and a painter. Pretty much a baroque Michelangelo. He was the bomb and I'm going to hear a talk about him by this guy who is totally WASPy that I've seen talk before, but I like listening to lectures as it reminds me of being in school. I almost forgot about the lecture but luckily I wrote it down on my trusty calendar and if my wrote I mean typed, b/c it's on my computer.

Game night was a blast. I got to LB's chilled and shot the shit a little bit, and then when everyone got there we ordered chinese and then got beer. Let me tell you a little about my getting beer situation with LB. We head out to Rite Aid (you know this is important since it's in the title) to grab some beers. We get in there and walk over to the case. LB and I then proceed to have a five minute disussion about which beer we would choose: Miller Lite, Coors Light, and Bud Light. Out of those Bud light is DEF my favorite, but LB wanted to change things up---and wanted to get Coors Light. We actually decided on Miller lite since there was like a competition to win something on the box. Miller lite is gross, we should have gotten Bud Light. :) As we are walking over to the register it started to wreak ok BO. It was then that LB and I noticed that there were about three people there that were "special" adults.

Characters:
I will refer to them as Helen, Jack, and Martin.
Strange Man in Line will be SML.
Cashier Lady will be CL.

Thanks. This is how the conversation unfolded..

Helen: Hey you know what movie I saw? Brokeback Mountain.
SML: How did you like it?
Helen: It was good.
SML: Would you recommend it?
Helen: Yes, it was good.
SML: Was it a dirty movie?
Helen: No, not that dirty. There aren't dirty party, not really.
Martin: Hey, someone go get me a box of that raisin bran. Helen...go get it.
Helen: Ok.
SL/LB: Laughing
SML: You guys think Brokeback Mountain is funny?
SL: No...*snicker*
SML: You know---you should see "History of Vengeance" it's on HBO on demand. You can watch so many movies for free on demand.
*SL moves to the counter to pay for beer and LB going to ATM machine, leaving SL alone with these freaks*
CL: Please can I see your ID.
SL: Yeah, no prob.
CL: This is not you.
SL: Yeah, it is. Really I swear.
CL: No, it doesn't look anything like you.
SL: I have more ID's with pictures on them. Here look
*SL shows her work ID and this other ID from the rec center with my picture*
CL: I don't understand. This one doesn't look like this one, and this one doesn't look like you at all!
SL: Lady, Obviously these are me. I look EXACTLY like them.
CL: Ok, I guess I believe you.
SL: Get me the hell out of here.

The End.
It's much funnier if I do voices.

I need to stop for today. I'm tired and need to leave work soon.

Love,
Lauren

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home