Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Fumigation and Halloween

Happy Halloween everyone! Boo!

My co-workers say that I have to slow down and that I over committ to things. This is 100% true. I wear myself down and then I get sick. Blah blah...well I'm going to try and not do that anymore. It's a new years resolution even though it's only almost November. We'll see---it's supposed to be healthier. I'm working on it. Any suggestions?

After work yesterday I went back over to 238 and changed my clothes. Then I headed uptown to Bed Bath and Beyond to pick up some stuff, including but not limited to a new mattress pad and a new pillow. It's funny that I just wrote "new" in front of those things. Obviously they are new since I'm buying them at BedBath. Anyway, then I continued uptown and went home to drop off the things at my apartment.

For all of you that forgot---my apartment was fumigated yesterday morning. Supposedly it was safe to go back in the apartment that evening. Oh god, I'm getting a headache just thinking about my place right now. I walked in and noticed that my apartment smelled HORRIBLE. Like pure chemicals. Chemicals that were designed to kill---bedbugs, but it felt like I was going to die of asphyxiation. Man---I got out of there as fast an humanly possible. God bless anyone who tried to sleep there last night. I went back to 238 and then LB and I decided that we were going to Kates. Major problem: Devin wasn't working. Devin is my hot fake boyfriend bartender. It was this new bartender LB and I had never seen before----subsequently, her name was Lauren. She was cute...obviously though b/c everyone named Lauren is cute. Got some wings and fries to chow down on and some Bud lights. It was excellent. We were stuffing our faces. We sort of felt like alkies being at the bar on Monday night. Oh well.

I spent the rest of the night watching CSI Miami and talking to Ron about MLW. Which was a bit of a disaster. Anyway---I'm not going to write about that on my blog. There are some things that need to be kept private believe it or not.

Woke up on the downstairs couch before my alarm went off. The new sunlight in the morning threw me off and I thought I was late for work. I was actually early and then got to sleep a bit more even though I wasn't particularly tired at that point.

Tonight is Norwegian class and then going back to my hopefully not smelly apartment to clean things up a bit. We'll see.

Trick or Treat!

Love,
Lauren

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home