Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Cold and Diversity

Good morning everyone!

I have a few exciting things to say. The first is that I'm a badass. I just wanted you all to know that. Mostly I'm saying that b/c I'm proud of myself. I've been running a TON---which leads me to the point in explaining the "Cold" part of the title. Last night was the first time where I was kind of cold when I was running. Luckily I only was chilly for the first mile or so. Then I started to warm up and being cold wasn't an issue any longer. I'm running in the 5M Poland Spring Marathon Kickoff on Sunday and I'm trying to get good mileage in after work and (eeek!) in the mornings. Supposedly I'm running in the morning with my friend Laura from work who runs in bunches of marathons. I think it'll be around 5miles tomorrow but who knows. (read: who knows if I'll be able to wake up)

I seriously need to get some winter running gear. Courtney and Kerri said that they would both help me figure out what the hell I needed to buy. I want to be able to run outside for as long as possible in the winter time. I hate treadmills, and I especially hate them when I'm trying to run long distances. I get so bored, even with an iPod and TV. It's just not the same as looking at the ground or the trees and the park outside. Get my drift? Plus, training for races on a treadmill is really not practical since all of the races are outside on real ground and paths, not on a moving belt in a disgusting gym.

Yesterday after work----well right after the market closed, I had to hustle over to our other building in Times Square. And as most of you know already---I HATE Times Square. Anyway, I had a meeting: Diversity Awareness Training. Or something like that. It was actually not bad, but when push comes to shove----I am probably the least likely person to be a candidate for needing Diversity training. I mean, between me growing up in SSMD, going to Blair, TEACHING Diversity at MLW and like----just my general love of HipHop....I am diversity qualified.

I didn't really eat dinner, it's a bad habit I've developed since running extensively after work. Sometimes I make eggs...but like---last night I had a few bites of the pumpking bread that I made for the girls last week.

My chapstick fell into the bathtub as I was putting in my contacts this morning. I hope it doesn't roll down the drain. I didn't feel like reaching in and getting it out.

Oh---I almost FORGOT to tell you something??!?!?!!?

ADRIAN Myspaced me! It's so random. He even told me he reads my blog sometimes. Which I think is awesome. :) Anyway---i was excited. Yeah, Adrian if you are reading this I was excited that you messaged me. :) Hope we can hang out soon!

Ok, work calls!

Love,
Lauren

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, October 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you made fucking pumpkin bread and didnt send me some?! its over.

     
  • At Wednesday, October 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How did you not mention Building Bridges in this one?? Whenever I try to explain to someone that I was in a "diversity club" it really just sounds retarded and lame. xoxoxo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home