Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Online Banking and PAR-TAY

I was in a FINE mood when I woke up and got here and now I'm in the most pissed off one EVER. Let me explain why. So I got paid this morning. I have direct deposit and everything so it went right into my checking acct. Then what happens is that I go in and move some money into my savings account so I make sure I have money for rent at the end of the month. Something weird happened I guess I pressed the transfer funds button twice or something but like three transfers happened and the way the online system worked was like....there wasn't enough money in checking to transfer that much into savings and so like the accounts (like my inner accounts) kept like overdraft protecting each other until i had no money. Right now if I look at "My Accounts" on the page it says zero. The money I transfered (or didn't mean to transfer on the fucking system that duplicated my fucking transfers) is like sitting in purgatory until tomorrow. I'm 180% annoyed by this. WTF Chase? So, all the money will be in my savings by tomorrow. Which is fine and I'm not losing money or anything but like I wanted money for tonight and now I have to use my credit card and I didn't want to use my credit card for tonights activities with Jess. I'm just SO annoyed. I know that I shouldn't be freaking out that much, but it's the biggest pain in my ass. Like are you kidding me? The accounts can't tell that the tranfers are like inter-account?! And the thing is that they wouldn't let me reverse any of them! The lady on the support line had to. It is the most asinine thing I've ever heard of. Like thousands of dollars just poof! In money limbo until tomorrow or some shit. The ONLY thing I'm worried about is that like----what if a check clears today or something---there is no money so like wtf is going to happen? This is so obnoxious. I can't even tell you. How come shit like this ALWAYS happens to me? I never hear about people having this sorts of fucking up issues with like online banking. I hate today.

I have to try and stop thinking about the whole thing or it's going to ruin everything about everything. Ok, I'm already feeling better. Bounce back Lauren.
---------------------------
I guess we should talk about the dinner part last night. It was great! I left work a little bit early to scramble and get ready for everything. The menu included:

  • Pomegranate Champagne Chillers
  • Bruschetta with Homemade Artichoke Dip or Tomato Topping
  • Mixed Green Salad with Cucumbers and Grape Tomatos with Fresh Parmesan
  • Pumpkin Ravioli with Sage Hazelnut Butter
  • Homemade Halloween Sugar Cookies
  • Mulled Apple Cider

Delicious! All so good and really all the recipes were relatively easy to make, esp. the ravs depite their complex name. :)

We had a great time pigging out and talking. Thanks for coming ladies!

Jess comes tonight! Whoooooop!

TGIF!
Love,
Lauren

Bonus Lists: -guys thanks for letting my plagerize***--start from the bottom and move upwards. cause Jose started it***

Jaxx's LIST
Things I hate:
*Waking up early Friday morning because you didn't stay out late Thursday night even though you had Friday off (loser).
*Cat barf
*Rain and dreariness on your day off - WTF Mother Nature...

Things I love:
*Dunkin Donuts coffeee ("the world runs on dunkin")
*Not working a five-day week in the last month
*Halloween swiftly approaching - (yo voy a ser una pirata!!)
*K Street Lounge (even though my lame SAT-proctoring-ass didn't go last week...)

Charlie's LIST
Things I hate:
* bitch ass non driving-in-the rain mo'fo's who cause accidents and delay my timely arrival to work
* wakin up Friday morning after staying out late Thursday night (word up)
* being invited to a "Biggie/Tupac" party where they don't play any Biggie or Tupac songs
* Black Tom Cassidy

Things I love:
* Jamaican Colors
* A fully employed IC* crew
* K Street Lounge
* Lauren/Jose lists
* IC* hang out sessions
* Ketchup

SimplyLauren's LIST
Things I Hate:
- Wakin up friday morning after staying out late Thursday night (word to that Jose)
- when you are so tired/overworked that you feel like MLW
- when you realize how much your weekend is going to consist of zero rest.
- when homeless people get on the subway and start talking like that crack magazine seller in OfficeSpace and are like, "Good morning. I'm sorry to disturb you. I am homeless and I just am looking for some food and a place to sleep. Any money will help me. Even if it's just a penny. Please help me out. God bless all of you." and then proceeds to shake a cup in the crowded subway.
- raining and cold weather like now

Things I love:
- thinking about Jose driving with a trashbag over his windown like a hooptie.
- the outfit I have on today
- the IC*
- that it's Friday
- the cookies I baked last night

JOSE's LIST
Today, I hate...
- People who dont know how to use the Metro gates
- People who STAND on the LEFT side of the escalator, instead of the right, and make me miss the next train leaving
- People who take up the entire 2 seats of a crowded metro car aisle
- People who smell on a crowded metro car aisle, esp. in the morning when they should still be clean
- People who don't hold elevators
- Wakin up friday morning after staying out late Thursday night
- My car window because it broke in the open position, and I had to drive soaking wet last night, and i had to put trash bags over the window and i looked ghetto

What I love,
The IC.*

*If you don't know what this is. Too bad for you.

2 Comments:

  • At Saturday, October 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The dinner par-tay was sooooo fun! And delicious! Thanks so much! I'll have to throw one next to reciprocate, but you can bet your bottom dollar there won't be printed menus at everyone's places.

     
  • At Monday, October 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    im feeling very excluded about this list/IC thing... but thats ok.

    guess where i'll be visiting in the spring?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home