Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Almost Skins and Surprise

Friday night was nuts. Let me explain why. I am walking home after work, excited to get back to my apartment and relax for a bit. I get a call from Courtney. She tells me that she has four tickets to the Redskins game on Sunday but she can't use them b/c JMan is sick and she can't easily travel down to DC from Philly. I tell her that I wasn't originally planning on going home but that I would seriously reconsider since she had these tickets. She said she would UPS the tix to my parents house. So I frantically called my dad on his cell asking him if that would be OK. It was Stephanie's birthday on Sunday so I thought I could kill two birds with one stone, come home, play games with the fam, play with the nephews and see my sister, and then also go to the Skins game in a box with friends of my choice. It was a perfect situation. I booked my flights down there and I was really excited to go. I asked Alex and Jim if they wanted to go. Along with a slew of other people but most of them couldn't go. (Why don't I have any friends in DC anymore?!)

Friday night I met up with Beth at Jack Russels pub, right by mi casa. It was very convienent. Her co-worker and friend Paula was having a birthday thing after work. She also happens to live in my building---it was really fun. Mostly chillin' and chatting with Bethy. Then, I went home and read and then went to bed early. I was planning on going for a long run on Saturday morning.

When I woke up on Saturday morning, it was really cold. Like, stay in bed, under the covers and read cold. So that's exactly what I did. It was great. I ate breakfast and relaxed. I did a few errands, but I really was mostly doing nothing. I packed for home for the night and then headed uptown to the west side for my Pure Meathead Posse football game. It was def. sketchy up there and when I arrived, Michelle, Coly and Chad were already there. Soon GT came and then we made 5 so we could play. It was rough in the beginning with only 5 on 7, but then the rest of our team showed up and we dominated. We won 34-28 or something like that. It was awesome! Then we stuck around for a while after the game to wait for Justin to finish ref-fing for the game after ours. There was a fight b/t this fat kid and then his older brother who looked like Charlie Sheen came into it to try and break it up. It was quite a sight. The fat kid was apparently throwing elbows if someone from the other team got a touchdown. What an ass.

I had to head home, Michelle, GT and I took the 86 crosstown bus home and I finished up last minute packing and inhaled a slice of pizza before walking back to the subway to catch my flight. On my way my mom called to tell me that the tickets never arrived. I got a bad feeling and I called Courtney. She said she was just about to call me and tell me that she messed up. She said that she gave the wrong UPS number for our work code and that it never even left Philly. I was like really bummed, but I didn't want her to know how bummed I was cause I didn't want her to feel bad about it. She has enough stuff to feel bad about now and so I didn't want to make her feel worse. So---then I had to make a decision. Should I STILL go home, despite no Skins game? I didn't know what to do? I would totally save money if I didn't fly home, but then I was in a really bad mood about it and thought that I might just end up moping around the apt. for the rest of the weekend if I didn't go. So then, my dad said that he thought I should come home anyway b/c everyone would be happy to see me. I took his advice.

I got home and....oh I forgot to mention that it was a surprise, my sister had no idea that I was coming. Cem and my dad came to get me saying that they had to go get sodas. But obviously they were coming to pick me up. They came in first without me and my sister started yelling at Cem asking why he didn't have any soda and why he took 45 minutes to buy nothing. I started to hear her yelling so I came and and surprised her. She was totally shocked. Then I made her apologize to Cem for giving him such a hard time about it. I played and said goodnight to the boys and then I hung out with the grown-ups until pretty late. Sunday morning I had waffles with everyone and then played more. Ate more, played more. I even took a nap. After my sister left my mom and my dad and I drove out to Michael's to get some stuff for my Halloween dinner party. :) I'm super excited about it. It's going to be awesome.

Last night flew home, unpacked, tidied up and passed out. My room is really cooooooold b/c of the air conditioner that I installed poorly in the middle of the summer. A lot of excess air gets in and makes me freezing at night. I think that tonight I'm going to attempt to remove it and then find SOMEWHERE to store it. I also have to bake some cookies and do food shopping for dinner on Thursday. I almost forgot, I have to fun 3.5 miles tonight to be on schedule for training for my race at the end of the month. So much to do and so little time!

Keep in touch!

Love,
Lauren

P.S. Of course, Lil Court just called me and asked if I wanted to come out for drinks with big Court before the Women's sports banquet. Of course I said yes...should be fun to try and pack that in with all the crap I have to do. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, October 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah it is a bummer that the skins tickets didn't work out but at least you got to hang out with your fam:-) Thanks anyway for inviting me! xo

    alexi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home