Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Bed Bugs and Shampoo

Happy Birthday Courtney! You are the bomb!

There is a guy at my office that I don't really know but he sits near me. He must have gotten really messed up this past weekend b/c he has this like huge bandage on his forehead. On Monday it looked like he got stiches from something. Now he looks like cyclops b/c of the imposing bandage right in the center of his forehead.

Work is going to be stressful today, I really can already tell. Bad sign. Bad sign. Actually not so bad as of yet. I'm about to walk into a lunch meeting. It won't be bad.

So here comes the bad news of the day. So---yesterday after I came home from Norwegian class I have a note in my door about a serious extermination my entire building is going to have on Monday the 30th. Two apts. on the top floor have bed bugs. I know---all of you are relulsed. YOu have to know that I don't have any but if they go untreated---i surely will get them. I go to bed every night fearful of getting attacked by the little guys. How annoying. I also want you to know that bedbugs are rampant in NYC right now. If you've been keeping up with the New York Times you will know that there have been several long and serious articles about them and how they in no way reflect the cleanliness of the apartment of anything. They are just everything right now. So----the exterminator gave us a list of everything we have to do to get ready for them next week. Read on....are you kidding me?!

Recommendations:
1. Tenants must vacate their unit for a period not less than four hours.
(this means i'm sleeping at Lindsay's on Sunday night and also probably on Monday night b/c I don't want to die from the fumes leftover from the fumigation)
2. Clothing must be laundered and/or dry clearned befor our arrival.
(what? does this mean only the dirty things? or everything. I'm not rich you know?!)
3. Carpeting and/or throw rugs must be vacuumed prior to our arrival and the vacuum bag disposed of immediately.
(Fine. That's actually the easist thing on the list)
4. Pull furniture (couches, sofas, dressers) away from wall perimeter at least three feet.
(What? This blows. I can't do that. It's going to take me forever.)
5. Empty dresser drawers, closets, and cabinets completely.
(Are you kidding? Where the eff am I going to put all of it once I empty it from everything?)
6. Pack personal items in a box or storage container and place in the center of the room.
(I don't think these people understand that once I move the furniture out and put things in the center of the room---there is oging to be NO room. How is the exterminator going to move around? Clearly this is impossible. And what exactly do they mean by personal items: everything i own? Yikes)
7. Separate mattress and box spring from frame.
(This is also relatively easy but still annoying.)


Nothing else is really new with me. Norwegian class was fun.

Oh actually something is pretty exciting right now. I went to Duane Reade and got new shampoo and now my hair smells amazing. I used Dove shampoo and conditioner and am taking like HUGE wiffs of my hair every five seconds. It's so great.

Ok---I'm actually personally getting bored with this entry. Comments please!

Love,
Lauren

1 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, October 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    bed bugs!? gross!
    Completely unconnected: I miss you very much and I don't think I've actually talked to you since the summer. so sad.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home