Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Monday, October 23, 2006

J Stew and Policy Board

First I want to extend my congratulations to all those appointed positions yesterday at the (very long) Policy Board meeting. Annabelle and Jackie especially b/c they are my GIRLS and are going to rule school in their new positions. Yay! I am in the process of applying to assistant direct SEL, we'll see what happens. I'm excited at the prospect and if I end up working with Jackie---it would be absolutely amazing. :)

Congratulations to Beth who did AMAZING on her LSAT!!! Harvard Law here she comes! Just kidding, I don't think she wants to go there.

It sort of reminds me that I should think about the GRE class that I want to take in the spring so I can get the test out of the way and focus on MLW in the summer and then the actual applications/essays in the fall. Why does time fly. I remember when I thought about starting grad school in 2008 it was like AGES away, but now it seems right around the corner. Funny how that works.

This weekend J Stew came to visit me! It was super fun. She reminded me of all the new slang/Blake words that I have to catch up on in order to keep my Silver Spring street cred. Friday night we went to chinese and it was amazing. Then we rented Kicking and Screaming and watched it with popcorn. It was hilarious. If you haven't seen the movie---then you should walk to the video store and rent it right now or put it in your Netflix queue. Another Will Ferrell favorite.

Saturday morning we woke up relatively early---for me at least, and went to the diner for breakfast. It was so delicious. We got a seat by the window so that we could people watch. Jess is obsessed about how "trendy" people are in NYC, compared to Silver Spring, or DC. I kept telling her it was nothing, but she was pretty insistent. Ah well...then we went home, watched part of "Stick it" because I told her that she would become obsessed with it like me and I was right. We watched the first half and then we took the subway down to Soho to do a little bit of shopping and walking.

Things I bought:
1. cute black pin stripe wool pants from H&M for like $20. Word.
2. cute brown and pink vest from Old Navy
2. HOT new shoes that match my pink and brown vest.

Things Jess bought:
1. cute headband from a street vendor
2. earrings to match her oh-so-cute homecoming dress

Then after all that shopping, we were starting to get hungry for lunch. We were walking more uptown and it wasn't that great of an idea b/c it was getting too businessy and there were less and less cute places to eat. We ate some sandwiches at Lenny's finally b/c we were both about to die of starvation. (exaggeration much?!) Then we WALKED ALL THE WAY FROM UNION SQUARE TO MY HOUSE. For those of you that know where I live---it's not a short jaunt. It was a good long walk. We even took a detour through the park, b/c we were actually more on the west side than Union Square actually is.

We rested. Then we watched the rest of Stick It. And for those of you that care, Jess LOVED it! Then we got pedicures and ate our leftover chinese and watched Harry Potter! Holla'! WE both passed out and woke up early only to pretty much guarantee us missing the train. Good thing I thought to take a cab at the last minute. :)

MLW MEETING:
Long. Brutal. Though very productive. It was really great though b/c we are heading back to Washington College in Chestertown. It's really exciting in my opinion. Dirctors got appointed and all that jazz. :) I ran home and inhaled a pizza my mom made for me, chatted with the rents for a bit and then it was off to NY again. I'm not as tired as I should be this morning.

Running tonight after this crazy meeting I have over at my company's other building. I REALLY don't want to go, but I have to. Then, I may or may not make dinner and then go to bed early.

I gotta run.

Love,
Lauren

1 Comments:

  • At Friday, March 05, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Some may feel squeamish about eating it, but rabbit has a fan base that grows as cooks discover how easy they are to raise — and how good the meat tastes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home