Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Court and Headaches

I know, I'm out of practice. My title sucks, and already I'm overwhelmed with the amount of things that I have to write about on this thing today! Let's start with the most current and then do backwards, mostly b/c I have the weekend in my memory and the other stuff I have to pull out of the Lauren brain vault and that could take a while.

This morning (being Monday) started off rough I think----my alarm went off and I wanted to die. It was ok though. I hit snooze and then rolled out of bed only to then immediately get dressed, etc. I got to work early and I knew it was going to be a good day. So far, it's been a good but busy day. I'm supposed to meet Edu and Leah somewhere for coffee at some point although not sure it's going to happen b/c Leah is waiting for some other girl to call, etc. Anyway, today is cool. ***

Ok. So the weekend was totally 100% boring. Let me tell you why. On Thursday afternoon I started to get these horrible flash headaches. They would come on really strong, in my left temple and then be unbearable for a few minutes and then all of a sudden go away. This went on all afternoon. I went home early b/c I REALLY wanted to participate in the "Light the Night" Walk with my company. I raised $1,500 for it and I really wanted to go. So, I left early and took a nap and then I went to the walk. I felt fine the whole night until I was going home, then the headaches started up again.

I felt them in the morning and then I went to the doctor. The doctor told me there was a lot of "stimulation" in my brain and that I needed to lay off the stimulants like coffee, alcohol (even though it's a depressant, still) and gum, which often irritates heads or something. So---I decided then that I would take it easy this weekend and not go to Baltimore. Hope you girls had fun though?! I'm sure you did.

**writing on Tuesday***

The weekend was totally relaxing. I did normal dorky Lauren stuff like buy cards at Papyrus, get halloween decorations for my apartment, clean, organize papers, and sit around and watch movies. Oh---I also ate some stuff too. It was a nice weekend at home alone. The only person I saw was Beth and that was for 5 seconds on Sunday when she came over after dinner with Jeff. No big news really. I skipped my football game b/c I wasn't feeling well that morning and I didn't want to get sicker or something or exacerbate my headache. So I just laid around and read instead. Tessa told me yesterday that we won, which is great!

Last week a bunch of stuff happened too. I guess I should totally talk about court and my experience down there.

So---I flew home on Monday night and there were all kinds of flight delays. I was so frustrated, that I pretty much started to cry on the metro platform. My mom came and got me from Silver Spring and we drove home. It was good to be home. I ate a delicious pasta dinner, even though it was really late and then passed out. We left the house at 10:30 the next morning to drive to Westminster, MD----where the hearing was. It was the traffic court, but it was like the serious traffic court, not the place where you go and appeal a ticket, it's more like DUI's and other relatively serious vehicle violations. The lady that helped me after the accident was there, Sherry. We had lunch with her. I was in such a bad mood about this whole thing---I really just wanted to be back in New York at work (if you can imagine).

My case was called---I pretty much had an idea about who Francisco was (the defendant). I saw him and he was with his laywer and a translator (he didn't speak english). He pleaded not guilty. Not only that but in his police statement, he said that I HIT HIM! Can you believe that? Anyway, neither Sherry nor I had to technically testify. The judge found him guilty and then he asked me my opinion about his sentence. His laywer kept talking about how difficult jail would be for him and how it would affect his family, etc. etc... The thing is....I did feel bad for him. He made a BIG mistake and now his poo family has to pay. Actually, I feel bad for his family mostly. So I recomended that he be taken off the road and also that he go to jail. He got both. His license was suspended and also he went to jail, but only on the weekends or something. So---that was that.

We drove back to SSMD and then I took a nap, I was tired. Then my mom made dinner and she dropped me off at the metro. It was great! I got home with no problems except for minor delays. I mean seriously, what would traveling back and forth to MD be without flight delays and major annoying inconvienences!?

Tonight is Norwegian class. I'm FINALLY going to another one! It's going to be totally fine from here on out b/c I have no more conflicts. :) I can't wait for the class so that I can get back on track. Anyway, I'm like 95% finished with my HW for this evening, but I have some time after work to finish up the workbook pages that I didn't do.

Yesterday I signed up for a 5Mile race at the end of the month. I realize that I now have to train for it. I mean, it's not a marathon or anything, but I still have to make sure I'm comfortable with the mileage and that I can finish easily without killing myself. Last night I ran 2.5 miles. Tonight I don't have time to run b/c of the Norwegian class but tomorrow after mentoring, I think I'm going to run on the road---that way I can run outside (which I LOVE doing) and also be where it's light and not sketchy. I think that running at the resovoir is a bit sketchy when it's like pitch black at night, that is the kind of place where people get raped so....no thanks. :)

Ok, I promise I'll get back on the blogging track this week!

Love,
Lauren

***btw---I never did meet up with Leah and Edu. I'm never going to meet the Kenyan suitor am I?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home