Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Weekend and Whitlows

So I had a great weekend. I drove down to DC with Lago and Natalie on Friday after work. It was smooth, full of stories and pet peeves along with a delicious buritto from Chipotle. Anyway, I get home and my parents are excited to see me, as usual. I had promised Katie that I'd go see her mom at her St. Patty's day party that night. I was pretty sure it was going to be over by the time I arrived at like 10:30pm, but I still didn't want to break my promise. Also, I did in actuality want to see Kelly. I went over and indeed, the party was over. I still hung out for a bit and it was great to catch up.

I awoke on Saturday morning to the sound of hammering and sanders, sounds of my childhood and my dad's construction. It was the Koreans that came over to refinish our floors in the old part of our house. I was warned about them arriving, so I couldn't really complain. I had to shower and get all my stuff downstairs. All the bathrooms were going to be blocked for the entire Saturday. So, I hung out downstairs with my mom and dad. Then, of course I was starving. My mom and I walked down to Santucci's to get some lunch and then came back and pigged out. There were also some girl scouts down there and we meligned them for some cookies. Delicious. Then I tried to take a "nap" in the living room but the loud sanders and vacuuming sounds were somewhat of a hindrance. Annabelle and I were planning on doing down to Whitlow's that afternoon/evening. I had to wait for her call. Finally we leave---I already know I'm sleeping out b/c once they put the polyeruthene on the floors, the smell will be intoxicating and unbearable. My parents were even staying in a hotel. It ended up not being a problem.

Whitlow's was a blast. More of a blast then last year. Seeing that I left out the front door this year and there was not throwing up. Riight. Saw some heads---it was a fab time--
Darren: your girl is cool. I dig her. Tell me how to spell her name and I'll give her a shout out proper.
Smith: as always, a pleasure.
Mary Alex: thanks for everything, on so many levels. :) I owe you money. I bet your tab was OOC (out of control).
Alex: we should hang out more in NYC, I want to meet this guy.
Jaxx: hope Jarvy's bday was fun, missed you the rest of the night.
Dustin: you are my man. :)
AB: thanks for the ride, and the good times. You are my girl.
Jose: glad you made it out. Sorry about you know…what we were talking about. Sorry I didn't warn you.
Charlie: sorry about the straight up bounce out. You had that "glazed eye" thing going on. It was great seeing you. FIFA 2006
Noelle: I have pictures of your friends on my camera, I'll email them to you.
JB: I love you. Thanks again for another great year. See you soon!
Ron: FIFA 2006. :) Thanks for the ride to the airport.

There is something I'm not mentioning about that night. People who know, know. People who don't know I'm not going to tell you if you ask. Those that need to know, already do. With the exception of a few people that I have not yet talked to and are in no way associated with Whitlows. :)

Sunday morning came and went. My mom made me breakfast. I wasn't nearly as hungover as last year but….I took a nap after my killer breakfast. It was glorious. Then I met with Ron to plan our class. We went to Silver Diner and chatted it up about our conference class among other things. Great things are going to be expected out of me this summer. If all goes according to plan.
Oh, as a side note the floors look great! They are all shiny and nice. My parents house is FINALLY shaping up. Any of you who know my family and my house over the past 10 years (yes this means you Jeff) know that the construction never ends. It's on it's last legs. We are going to have a huge blow-out party when it's completed. Who's ready? Maybe we'll even have a pinata again!

Sorry for the delay in the posting, there were technical problems early when I was trying to post. So, keep your pants up.

Love,
Lauren

4 Comments:

  • At Monday, March 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lauren-- so many things about this entry perplexed me, leaving me with a very strange feeling. just thought i'd let you know.

     
  • At Monday, March 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    L-Dogg, 1st thx for the card, it was sweet. 2nd, it was great seeing you and I wish Verisha and I could have made it there sooner. For those that were wondering, all flights out of CLT were oversold due to Spring Break so we spent most of the day at the airport. Great time, I need to see everyone more often. Ciao

     
  • At Tuesday, March 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    MMMMMM... B U R R I T O

    "BOO-RE TOE"

     
  • At Tuesday, March 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    FYI

    http://www.tagworld.com/snakesonaplane

     

Post a Comment

<< Home