Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Apology and Oscars

First I want to apologize for not posting for a while. I don't want to set a precedent that I post on the weekends b/c I really don't. I don't have the patience to sit down at the computer and type on the weekend when I sit in front of a computer all day long at work every other day. Get my drift?

Well---I have a few things to say I think. Beth, I'm sorry that I didn't address your comment about me loving "crap dip" (instead of crab dip, for those slow readers). I think it's very funny and as a result, I'm not going to change it, instead I'm going to leave it as is.

So the Oscars were boring. Every year it gets hyped up and shit and then when you actually sit down to watch it the following things happen:

1. You get annoyed at Ryan Seacrest immediately.
2. You see a commercial every 5 milliseconds.
3. They interview lame people on the red carpet, not cool people.
4. The people on E! comment on how "beautiful" Keira Knightly and Michelle Williams looked and I personally thought they didn't look that great. Michelle looked like a lemon doll and Keira looked like someone cut off her strap and made her wear a butt-ugly necklace.
5. You have to hear the annoying Oscar music at ALL points in the show.
6. You have to listen to laundry lists of the people the winners thank. (like anyone cares who inspired the winner of "best sound mixing in a cartoon documentary")
7. Yeah, and about those categories. Make the award show an hour, show good comedy by the host and the awards that people care about.
8. Think about how many montages are planned for the show, then remove half of them.
9. You think about removing Dolly Parton from the stage.
10. You felt bad for Lauren Bacall.

I realize that list didn't really make sense. Sorry.

One hilarious thing is that I was watching Veronica Mars (yes, I LOVE this show) and Wallace made a reference to an ocelot. THAT is automatically a mark of a good show. If you didn't know, ocelots are my favorite animals. Kimmy sent me this article about ocelots from National Geographic and I cut out all the pictures and am going to make a collage of them and frame it so I can look at them all the time. If you don't know what an ocelot is: google image search them and you will see the coolest animal ever.

Denim Doctor update: So---you know how I mailed my crotch-ripped jeans to the Denim Doctor the other week? Well---they called and said they got the jeans and that they could fix them for only $40.00! I'm so excited. It takes like a month or so for them to mail them back to me, but I don't care. I'm so excited. No more pee-stained patch for me!

If you want to know the bets my chiropractor and I made with each other, you are going to have to contact me personally. Thanks. I know everyone is so curious. :)

I'm leaving for Germany tonight to visit Kimmy and Jason! I'm super excited! I can't wait. I've never really been to Germany proper, I've been to the airport a few times, but we all know how that doesn't count. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and everything and share all my glorious experiences with you. I don't think I'll be able to post while I'm over there, but I'm also not sure. Don't get your hopes up. Especially b/c we are going to Munich for two days or something. Whoop! Who wants a postcard?

On Saturday I watched "Hide and Seek" with Britt. Of course, Britt fell asleep, leaving me alone in the dark watching that scary-ass movie. It is a whacked out movie with a "twist" at the end. I don't recommend it. It is freaky and then after the fact you say, "that movie was stupid". I think that if you are scared during the movie, cool---that means that it was somewhat successful. But the mark of a REALLY successful scary movie is if you think afterwards, "Wow, that was scary. I'm still thinking of how scary that was. I almost want to die thinking about it." An example of this type of movie would be "The Ring". If I had died during that movie, everything would have been a-OK. I was that scared. Right Beth? I won't bore you with the details of my fear.

So----it's the morning and the phone is barely ringing. Plus the Superficial keeps showing stupid pictures of Lindsay Lohan looking like trash. I don't care about Lindsay Lohan.

Shout outs:
-To Nick who just celebrated his 23rd birthday on Sunday.
-Happy Birthday to China, who's bday was on Saturday.
-to Michael Erno, who is gorgeous and so grown up. I'm so glad i got to see you this weekend. Just like old times.
-to Lago, Katie, and LB---fun times in Morrocco.
-to Britt and Mango, for a fun weekend.
-to Jess for feeding me and letting me watch the Oscars at your place
-for Ron for a good conversation last night.
-to Leah, who I need to call back and I'm sorry---I will soon.
-to random people who have contacted me through myspace including:
1. Margaret
2. Heydi
3. Kacey
4. Sarah

Hope everyone has a great rest of the day!
Love,
Lauren

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home