Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Baking and Ten Things

Good morning everyone. Before I start my entry today I have to give a huge shout out to two people that are very special to me. Last night, I was on the phone with Susannah and she told me that she and her sister Isabel read my blog. This absolutely made my day and I just want to thank Susannah and Isabel for your support for my budding writing skills. Whoop! Isabel, I also hope you are holding it down in PA for me----'cause you know that's my state. :)

Anyway, tonight I'm going to happy hour with Kate. I'm really excited b/c I haven't seen in her a while and it seems like we always have tons of stuff to catch up about. I definintely have to tell her about my crush at work. After HH, Jessica Povtak is coming over to make St. Patty's day cookies. Don't worry---I'm making funfetti cupcakes too. I went to the grocery store last night looking for the mix but it was all gone. Do you know the Funfetti mix is always gone? Because it is the best food in the world. That's why. I hope they re-stocked today. Beth, I was going to bring baked goods (cupcakes and cookies) to our little Veronica Mars party tomorrow.

Here are ten things that are on my mind right now:
1. I love Dunkin' Donuts coffee. It tastes so delicious.
2. I'm wearking my new shoes that I bought in Germany. They are HOT, right Kimmy?
3. The kid I tutor on Monday had math homework last night and it made me really happy b/c he can barely read but he's good at math.
4. One thing that I sort of wish is that I could wear ties. I think ties are the coolest piece of menswear. If I was a man, I'd have the best ties.
5. It's supposed to get cold tonight and I'm annoyed b/c I wore a skirt. I've officially decided that whenever I wear a skirt, it is cold, snowing, or raining. It's like whatever I put on in the morning decides the weather for the day. Maybe one day I can trick it and put on a skirt and then all of a sudden change into pants and then it won't know what to do!?
6. I hate when people print something annoying and long in the printer and blocks everything up for the rest of the people that are trying to print things. Uh...
7. I need to invest in some more lipglosses. I keep losing them and/or Lindsay steals them.
8. I'm sort of obsessed with matching my hair-tie with my outfit. Like today: I'm wearing a purple sweater and I have a purple hair-tie.
9. I just recently found out that "racecar" was a palendrome. Once when I was about seven, I tried to make up my own palendrome. It was, "ottonoondadnoonotto". Unfortunately, I didn't realize that it had to be an actual WORD.
10. Does leather really get ruined when it's wet? Remember when Sean sat on Grethchen's sofa at ruined it cause he was in the hottub?

Anyway, work is going fine at the moment. Nothing too exciting happening, other than my cool shoes.

Oh, a few more shout outs:
1. Mike Connelly (AKA Dash) for your lovely comments about my blog over IM. It made my night when I came home.
2. Courtney: for your advice about my office crush
3. Jessica: who is forever going to be known as my baking buddy. What an honor.

Love,
Lauren

P.S John Chaney just retired. That's sad. I was glad I was in school during his reign. Good luck JC!! Keep the owl spirit alive!

3 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, March 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow the shout out changed my life. question. how do you pronounce blogfamous? is it the two separate words pronounced the same way? or is it blogFAMous? does that make sense?

     
  • At Wednesday, March 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Big shout out to John Chaney and those 5am practices he used to hold. Are you bringing any cookies to DC this weekend? And yes, ties are cool - they spice up my boring work attire.

     
  • At Monday, March 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey girl, thanks for the shoutout! How are you? I miss you! So, Susannah and I read your blog all the time, and then we'll call each other and be like: oh did you hear what laurens doing? Its not actually as creepy as that sounds. Anyway, you me and Susannah should get together sometime!
    -Isabel

     

Post a Comment

<< Home