Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Lent and CAP

Ok, I guess I have a few things to write about. Sorry I didn't post yesterday. It wouldn't have been worth your time. I liked that I was getting into the habit of writing every day but it just didn't seem worth it to type useless information for you people.

Well, this morning was gross, since now that I put my radiator on full blast it gets really hot at night and I wake up with like a sore throat. So---that started to annoy me. I think I need a humidifyer or something, maybe that would make it better. Anyway, I was in the shower and then suddenly I felt like I had a lougie coming up----sure enough---I spit into the sink. I'm not going to describe it because that it what your imagination is for but it was the most disgusting one I'd ever seen in my young life. I was very glad it was no longer in my body. I felt immensely better after that charade. I think this increase in lougies also might be attibuted to me being a loser and going to be early every night this week so far. I digress...

Last night I went to a new church for Ash Wednesday. It was on the west side and really I want to find a good church here in the city. So I finally did. It's really nice inside and everyone that I met was also nice. I think I'm going to try and go more often when I'm not traveling on the weekends.

So now that it's lent, and you are supposed to repent and reflect and work on something during these 40 days and 40 nights. It's got me thinking, what could I work on to improve myself? There are so many options at my fingertips. So I've decided on a few things I'm going to try and keep up with. I mean, if the power of God can't get me to keep these, I'm doomed.

Lent Resolutions:
1. only drink water, juice, black coffee--no soda or gatorade--health purposes
2. eat more fruits/veggies--health purposes
3. cook two dinner meals at home--mental health/overcoming laziness
4. bring lunch once a week--mental health/overcoming laziness
5. be more patient--mental health

So, yeah, that's what I'm working on. I'm also working on being stronger at work and not letting the evil things that happen to me affect me as much.

FYI--Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire comes out on DVD next week. I'm buying it immediately and then I'll have the whole set to watch over and over again. Feel free to call me a loser at any point.

On a different note, last night I tried that "cheating death" POM juice. It tastes totally sub par. If I had my eyes closed I'd be like, "oh, I'm drinking grape juice, except it tastes a little bit more sour and worse." I hope it is actually good for you or else I just made my tastesbuds pissed.

It's snowing outside. Great. I only have my sneakers. My office friend Gail was like---it's supposed to snow 5-7 inches. I definitely didn't hear about this development. I have to look on Doppler. Sometimes I wish that Alexi did get that Dopper 5000 for Christmas that one year, then I would just be able to like tap into her weather knowledge. One funny thing is that I remember, she did this presentation for our research class on what she was going to write her essay on---and obviously it was about wanting to be a meteorologist. She had put together this really cute 5 day forcast on this poster board. But, then the presentations got postponed and she didn't feel like making a new one for the new day so the 5-day forecast was all wrong. It was great. It was almost as funny as when Megan Gabriel had forgotten all about her presentation and the interactive part of it, so during lunch she drove home, grabbed a bag of Mahatma rice and said that she was going to do her essay on Ghandi. It was classic. I even think Mr. Lloyd bought it. I hope he reads this blog:

Dear Mr. Lloyd,
Why did everything have to be "interactive"? Why were your grades so whack? I'll never forget the time you gave me and Susannah C's and D's on a effing stupid ad deconstruction. Was our preformance really worth a D? I think not. Hope you are out there greatly influencing the lives of middle schoolers and making sure they are media literate.
Sincerely,
Lauren

I'm hungry. I've also decided to go on a mini-vacation for Memorial Day weekend. Any thoughts on where I could go? Also, one of you could come with me if you wanted. It would be fun. I was thinking about going to the pool and hanging out---but what if the weather is bad? Anyway, it would be much more fun if I went somewhere. Even if it wasn't that far away, as long as it was a mini-vacation and an adventure of some sort. I must say though---most travel expeditions with yours truly, are adventures. :)

Ok, it's off to work. Have a fantastic rest of the day!

Love,
Lauren

5 Comments:

  • At Thursday, March 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Really, you didn't know it was going to snow? My bad, I should have called you--it's not supposed to be that bad anyway:-)

     
  • At Thursday, March 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I totally agree, POM juice is repulsive! You're fooled into thinking it will be tasty by that glimmering ruby color but you soon realize you've wasted your hard-earned money on fermented swill unfit for human consumption.

     
  • At Friday, March 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I dont know if this adheres to your lenten liquid promise, but...

    Pomatini
    INGREDIENTS
    1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
    2 oz. Absolute Citron vodka OR white tequila
    1 oz. Cointreau liquor
    Cup of ice
    Optional: Splash of sparkling water
    Optional: Squeeze of lemon

    Shake ingredients in a shaker and put in chilled martini glasses. Put pomegranate fruit into glass as garnish.

     
  • At Friday, March 03, 2006, Blogger Simply Lauren. said…

    yum----it might be good once alcohol was added. I'll def try it. Robbie---i'm not an alkie. :)

     
  • At Wednesday, March 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    For some reason, the people of NY believe that POM juice has this mythical power. It's horrible! Anything that comes in a bottle shaped like that should be banned. I'll stick with the AriZona.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home