Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Job and Chiropractor

Good Friday morning!
It's "burnt toast and coffee time!"

Remember when we used to listen to that on the bus every morning? *Sigh* Donnie Simpson and WPGC. I thought he was white for a really long time, until I saw him at some concert. I know, I'm retarded. How come all bus drivers listened to PGC? It was cool.

I have excellent news for you all this morning: I'm officially no longer going to be working in my present position at my job. I'm being moved to another team starting MONDAY! I actually found this out yesterday but I didn't want to write two posts and I decided that I'd save the good news for today's post. So, all of this is very exciting. I feel as if a great weight has been lifted off my shoulders. While I'm nervous for my new job position, I'm confident that I will be great at the new position and really shine there. The woman I'm replacing is going on maternity leave b/c she is adopting a new baby from Guatamela. She says she is going to come back but I always am skeptical of people that say that. Because I know two people that I worked with that decided NOT to come back once they had their kids. So, we'll see. Anyway, a temporary home is better than a bad permanent home. So, there will be no more bitching on my part about you-know-who, and I don't mean Voldemort. I'm happy. Though I was warned that if I don't perform well at this new team, then things are looking grim for me here. But we aren't going to think about that. It's just like the time where I had to pass that horrible test to keep my job and my last chance of taking the test was the last day I had to pass it or else I was fired. Yeah, I pulled through. So---the next time I see any of you will be a cause for celebration. A new Lauren will emerge----one that doesn't feel like her life sucks every day and is like totally depressed all the time. What a difference a boss can make.

I'm annoyed that I forgot a hair tie today. I'm also starving. I ALSO COOKED DINNER FOR MYSELF LAST NIGHT! It was a first in a long time. I also went swimming. Though, I was swimming for like 45 minutes and then my face started to burn. I think it was from the water. The pH must have been like too high/low or something. But I didn't want to be "that annoying patron" that was all like, "um, excuse me ms. lifeguard, are you sure you checked the pH recently? It seems to be burning my skin." So---I just got out and sat in the steam room instead of bitching.

OK---so now comes the bulk (if in importance to me, not in terms of length) of my entry. It should have been called "Why I'm in love with my Chiropractor." It's getting a bit ridiculous. Yesterday we made two bets. One I lost and the other I won. *See Jared, I DO win bets sometimes.* I'm officially trying my hardest to flirt with him but totally like---I can't ask out my doctor b/c what if I'm reading the signals all wrong and in reality he's just being nice. My friends tell me otherwise but I'm too scared to make a move. I guess I'll keep flirting and pray he asks me out. *sigh*

I just sat down with the guy that is going to replace me at work----we had a nice little "positive" chat. He's a nice guy and I think he'll go ok. Plus there is going to be a third person added to the team and that will probably create a different and new dynamic. Anyway, life goes on.

I need to think about what I want for lunch, because it's in the forefront of my mind and my stomach. Why am I always starving? I'm never just "sort of hungry" at work.

TGIF to everyone!
Love,
Lauren

1 Comments:

  • At Friday, March 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i want to hear what your bets with dr. mcsexy were on!
    also, i can't believe you haven't addressed my comment about the crap dip.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home