Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

List of Stuff & Girl Things

Today is going to be a good day I think. I woke up really tired but it's going to be nice outside and I feel happy.

GRE studying is kind of kicking my ass. I'm not gonna lie. I come in to study at work so I don't get distracted and also I haven't set up my computer to do it at home. There are like system requirements that I don't understand and I think I have to call the helpline and lord knows I have no interest in doing that at all.

My test goals:

Quant (aka Math): 700
Verbal: 730
Writing: 5.5-6

The first time I took the GRE I got a 5.5. on the writing which is the most important aspect with respect to my program---it's in the 90% percentile. So I just have to make sure I get that high of a score again. Math really isn't that important. Verbal is REALLY important, but I don't want to strive for an 800 or anything b/c I think that's relatively unrealistic and I don't want to get my hopes up.

My co-worker Kerri just discovered Forever 21. She's now obsessed. :) It's cute!

Girl Reading ONLY!
I got my bikini waxed yesterday after work. I go to this cute lady Rosa over on 6th Ave. She is hilarious. She is always trying to get me to wax everything off. I always tell her I want a little hair left b/c if not it makes me feel like a little kid and that's just gross and freaky. Anyway---she was all like, "OK, on your wedding I wax all off ok Mami?" Yeah, that's seriously how she talks. Have you ever noticed that right after a wax when you go to the bathroom, the pee sometimes almost runs down your leg when you are sort of reaching to wipe? I mean, I guess it's because there isn't any hair there to sort of catch it before it drips, but it's annoying and I am always caught off guard.

On a more serious note:

If you are in the MD/DC/VA area and are remotely paying attention to the news you will be sure to have read or heard about THIS story.

That is Nate Thomas. I went to MLW with him as a kid and I also staffed and taught with him. Now he's under arrest and could go to jail. He's also being removed from the PG county school board for allegations of third degree sexual assault on some teenagers that he taught.

What? Are you kidding me?

It's horrible and I pray to god it's not true. It's an awful awful thing and I can't believe that I know someone that could and possibly has done something like that.

-------------

Yesterday was a day FILLED with things I did. I was a busy bee. Want to hear the run down? OK---So work was relatively busy. It's not like I can do anything other than work there (isn't it funny that I'm writing this post at the office?) so I can't just come in and study GRE stuff. Yesterday after work I:
  • Walked over to Rosa's (see above) and got waxed
  • Hopped on the bus on Madison
  • Went home, changed----
  • Went down for a pedicure since I was going to seeing a bunch of Blair teachers on Saturday night at this party Jake is throwing (AWKWARD)
  • Bought pinkberry for dinner instead of eating a healthy dinner
  • Changed into running clothes, went for a great 3.5 M run in the park. I felt GREAT! I could have kept going. I was sweating like a mad woman.
  • Came home, jumped in the shower b/c I was totally disgusting (remember how red my face gets?)
  • grabbed my GRE books and jumped on the bus again to go down to work to study for 2 hours.
  • came home around 11ish, talked to Jake and then went to bed.

BOO-YAH~~!

My boss just told me that everyone should go on Lipitor because it prevents heart attacks. I told Jim that there was no way that I was going to take a random pill. Ugh, he's such a hypochondriac though---seriously.

OK---Back to work.

Love,

Lauren

SHOUT OUTS:

Carolyn: I totally got your message and I'm sorry I didn't call you back. Things are really busy with GRE and MLW and work. I promise I'll call you back soon! How did your blogging assignment turn out? Let me know! I want to see it! xo

Jess: Congratulations on being done with exams! Yay!

Susannah: Congratulations on being donw with SCHOOL! I'm so proud of you. Move to New York! Thanks for the shout out in the 008 email the other day too!

Beth/LB: I am missing our quality time. Can't wait for summer nights on the patio with beers!

Jose: I'm sorry I gave you a hard time about not knowing about Nate. I still love you.

1 Comments:

  • At Friday, May 11, 2007, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey thanks for the shout out! I hate when the pee does that, it's such a challenge to get a straight stream. Who knew the hair actually served a purpose??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home