Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Costa Rica and April Updates

It's just sad how bad I've been about posting. I have such good intentions but they never materialize. It's kind of like when you get an email from someone and have all intention of writing back to them right away and you sort of compose an email in your head about what you are planning on writing back to them---so much so that you actually believe that you wrote them an actual email. You act all surprised when they are pissed at your for not writing back and you stand there an insist that you did----you can even tell them specific points that you mentioned in your very real email to them. But this is clearly besides the point.

I guess I should highlight a little of my vacation for all of you since there are a few comments asking about it and plus, it will make me feel better about this being somewhat of an update entry. I think it's going to be more list like---which is whatever----but it gets the job done.

Costa Rica with Jake:
  • laying out at the pool every day, remembering to wear sunblock, drinking costa rican beer: Imperial all day long
  • having the freshest fruit ever every morning for breakfast, also the fruit juice, the coffee, and "el tipico" the rice and beans breakfast that Jake and I devoured every morning.
  • taking a tip in the pool when it would get too hot to stand in the chairs
  • eating the fries from the bar, or some other delicious sandwich from there
  • talking with Ronni---the cool bartender/waiter
  • talking walks on the beach, drinking beers at the beach bar at sunset
  • going sailing on the catamaran, snorkeling and seeing cool fish, swimming and jumping off the boat, eating delicious food, drinking yummy beers, and watching the sunset
  • watching Jake fall when he tried to get back on the boat
  • the live music at our hotel a lot of nights
  • going surfing: getting a black eye from getting hit from a board, standing up, actually being decent at surfing, watching the intense waves at tamarindo, eating the delicious fresh seafood.**
  • getting burned a little bit---ugh, i couldn't reapply when I was surfing
  • Ginger restaurant---the yummy tapas
  • meeting Joe and Kate from MN---having dinner with them up at Finnesterra and surfing with Joe
  • reading a lot of great books
  • waking up to a rooster, hearing howler monkeys, seeing little lizards all over, seeing an iguana walk across the road, also seeing a dead ant eater on the road
  • being and relaxing with Jake the WHOLE time and not getting sick of him!

**the same delicious seafood that gave both me and Jake the runs at the end of the week. Nice huh?

Anyway, it was a fantastic trip and I'm super glad I went. I heart vacation.

Ever since, work has pretty much been a whirlwind, which was nice b/c it kept me not focused on the fact that I wasn't in Costa Rica anymore---but also b/c I was getting some nice overtime, since I spent so much money on CR anyway!

The first game of the EMS softball league starts on Thursday. I'm pretty boosted about it although I think the league is pretty competitive. I think we'll be ok. I guess the first game will be a test. Whatever, I'm just there to have fun. I have to break in my new mitt. The one I was borrowing from Becca I had to give back to her b/c she was playing in a league in the fall.

My GRE class was cancelled because the a$$holes from ETS decided NOT to change the exam in the fall. I had to register for a new class, which isn't that bad and I'm just being whiney and stuff---typical.

So there is a whole bunch of drama right now with Leah---at first I wasn't going to write about it on here, but it's just a real pain in the ass and also----I don't think she even reads this blog. Besides, even if she did---I don't care. It's a public blog and anyone they want can read it. It's just really hard b/c I think what she did (write me a really mean, hurtful and judgemental email) will really impact the dynamic of our group of friends, but more importantly, us. Not sure how much she actually realizes this. I'm inclined to say that she didn't realize this, or if she did, she didn't care. I don't know. It's a shitty shitty situation that I don't even really want to be a part of---but I was sucked in by the power of pressing send. You know what? I'm going to put this on the backburner right now, I can't deal with any more issues. "Peace" I love it Lindsay.

I haven't caught any mice recently, which is clearly a good thing...but also Ollie died. It's just BC left, he's a trooper. I think I might wait until this weekend when Jake comes to visit----he wants to help me pick out a new fish. I think that might be a cute romantic thing we can do together when he's in town. I still need to figure out what the hell I'm doing with him this weekend. All in due time I suppose.

Jackie and I are starting to flesh out our theme for the summer and all the different ways it's going to be incorporated into the summer, the schedule, the staff, etc. Very exciting. One of the most fun parts of directing. I also just found out that Mary Alex is going to be onsite! This is very exciting news!!!

I'm getting pretty sick of this cold weather. It's royally vexing me and I'm absolutely ready for real spring, not this winter bull shit. Although---I think the people tend to forget how cold and relatively miserable April usually is. Hurry up May! Bring us flowers!

Alright, I should really get back to work.

Love,

Lauren

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home