Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Bobby Van's and Sleep

Yesterday was my first day at my new desk. I spent a fair amount of time re-arranging and everything. My desk looks cool----it's really cute and has lot so fun stuff on it. Does that even surprise you? I like that I can stare at myself out of the window when it gets darker b/c then it acts like a mirror and you know about my vanity problem. (read: my staring at every reflective surface problem)

I had some quality time with my girl Bridget last night when we went to Bobby Van's to have a drink (or two). It'd been a while since we caught up. The last time was before she went to Rome and sat down with her and went through all the places that she had to see while she was there. We were in high need of a get-together. Anyway---when we first got there, it was really packed, but slowly as most people end their happy hour excursions, we just stayed and eventually got a seat. We chatted about everything. I have a full knowledge of what's going on with her and that's always nice. I'm giving her a shout out even though she doesn't even know I have a bloggy.

Speaking of blogs, CK is doing a HW assignment on blogs. She has to layout a magazine page for one of her classes and she's doing her part on blogging. I have to answer some of her questions about blogging and how I started, etc. If any of you have insight---feel free. I'm probably going to try and get it out to her today though since it's relatively time sensitive.

MLW is getting into full swing. Jackie and I are working away at planning everything and getting everything organized for our bomb staff.

The reason that this is titled "sleep" is b/c I went to be at like 9:15 last night. Jake called and I was already in my like 2nd REM cycle. Sorry buddy.

SHOUT OUT'S:

Chris Druhan: You RULE dude. I'm psyched about my adult readership and that you totally like barly rissoto. One day I'll actually make it. I want to try it again with the right kind of barley. I hope I can see you this summer and you can feed me and let me hang out in your backyard. Word. :)

Amos & Liz: I'm sorry I've been out of touch. I got the adorable announcement card and I promise I'll write you an email soon. How is Kate?

Kimmy: Again, I'm such a delinquent when it comes to keeping in touch sometimes. A lot has been going on. I swear I'm writing to you soon. I'm excited for you to come to NYC.

Courtney: I'm boosted we are sitting near each other now. More fun for everyone!

Jess: Let's hang out this weekend dude? Movie or something? Poss a matinee? Jake is coming up for this camp thing and going out I think on UES----you should come! I think LB and Beth want to. :)

Becca: How are you? What weekend are you coming up with the boy? Sorry i'm the worst correspondent ever. Love you.

I'm out! Have a great day everyone!

Love,
Lauren

2 Comments:

  • At Thursday, April 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey lauren, did you ever get my postcard? just checking, hope you did!

     
  • At Monday, April 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there! In the middle of finals...maybe coming up the weekend of 18th...I'll let you know!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home