Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving and Family

Hey everyone. I realized on my way home for Thanksgiving last week that I forgot to wish all of you a nice holiday! So---I hope you all had safe, fun, and food-filled Turkey Days! I had a fantastic weekend in Maryland and would love to share some highlights with you. I think that a four-day weekend is too long to write in paragraph forms so I'm going to be doing bulleted facts and things about each day. Hope that is good enough.

Wednesday Night:

  • Bus to airport was so crowded, took a cab with three random strangers
  • By a miracle of God, my plane was on time
  • Went to Stained Glass Pub with Nick, Jess, Becca, Paul, Jared and Sam.
  • Drank Tequila and Beer
  • Sang Karaoke with Paul to a Britney Spears song---tons of crowd support
  • Saw Eileen Kennedy at the bar. Time has not done her well.
  • Drunk txt messaged Jared

Thanksgiving Day:

  • Woke up, made stuffing, helped my mom. Minimal hangover.
  • The crowds came (Stephanie, Cem, the crazy lovable boys) and the party started.
  • Maire and Peter also came. :) Good times.
  • Played with Berk for SO long. Practically all day.
  • Berk Story: My mom had just carved the Turkey and Berk looks down at his plate full of meat and says, "Where is the Turkey?!" and my mom was like, "It's on your plate!" and then he says, "Na-uh! This is chicken!" and then proceeds to laugh hysterically for 10 minutes.
  • Was stuffed, more playing with nephews. Alp and I watched this movie and Berk did too. It was cool. It was a wrinkle in Time. Remember that book from like 3rd grade? The book is way superior.
  • Went to be eventually. Adults played apples to apples later on that night.

Friday after Thanksgiving:

  • Family trip to the Air and Space Annex---so awesome. Saw all these amazing planes and stuff.
  • Saw a rocket at the museum
  • Ate lunch at Jerry's
  • Hung out with Leah, Biggs and Jay. Biggs told me that I was dark and cynical in a lot of my emails. I had hurt feelings, but everything turned out OK in the end.

Saturday:

  • I honestly can't remember what I did during the day at all. It is sad my memory is so bad.
  • I probably took like 40 naps.
  • Went to Blair Bar Night with Becca and Leah
  • There were crazy peeps there, like Julia Tate, and Margaret King. Also like a bunch of people who graduated after us that I can't remember right now.
  • James drove me home

Sunday:

  • Again, I can't really remember what I did except I flew home.

God bless Turkey Day Weekend!

Love,

Lauren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home