Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Jesus Camp and Sea

There is this one girl in my office that always wears really really low cut shirts and she has really big boobs. It's annoying. She's not even pretty. The funny/ironic thing is that she is Ukrainian!!! Anyway, I told her I'd been there before and she got all excited about it. But that was really the end of our commonalities. She desperately needs a haircut and a dye job----also just a major purge of split ends.

Last night was really awesome. I ran home, picked up my cleaning and laundry all nice and folded and washed and then I changed, talked to Jaxx on the phone for a while and headed down to the Village for dinner and movie with Jess. I really hadn't seen her for a while so it was going to be great to catch up with her. Now that she's in nursing school our hangout time has severely diminished. It sucks. I still love you Jess and I had a great time hanging out with you!!!!!

So----first we planned to go see the movie "Jesus Camp"----and independent movie. Pretty much is was one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. It was a documentary about this like evangelical (read: jesus freaks) summer camp for kids. It was all about those people that believe in getting "saved" and also about hell and stuff. The most frightening part of it was the fact that the kids were so into it. Like what are these kids going to grow up and think? It is depressing that they are so brainwashed about the ideas of salvation and how to live their lives. They don't have fun like normal kids, b/c everything is like sinning. It was horrifying. You should see it though, it's playing in some independent theatres. Check it out! But be prepared to get all riled up with every word the kids say! :)

After which, we walked around the village a bit to find a place to chow down. At this point I was hungry, but I had already reached my hump of starvation. We finally found this cute tucked away place called "Sea". It was like Thai fusion or something. It was DELICIOUS!!! I had this coconut encrusted salmon with beans in this delicious thai sauce. Jessica had chicken with veggies that was thai tasting. Yum-o-rific. We were stuffed and we walked back to the subway---finally ended up at home. What a fun night!

Love,
Lauren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home