Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Metro 53 and People

Last night was super fun. Two of my co-workers were guest bartending at Metro 53, this bar by our office. Jo and I had planned to meet up right after work to walk over together. We were one of the first people in the bar and slowly tons of Lehman people started to trickle in after they were done with everything. Pretty soon the bar was packed. I was trying to make my rounds to say hello to everyone but the bar kept getting more and more filled. I was happy b/c I was drinking Blue Moon---which always reminds me of Wisconsin, b/c I think that's the first time I had it. Julia was sitting on the steps in front of her house in Madison, and was like---try it, it's so good. At that point, I was hooked. So---yeah, Blue Moon=Wisconsin.

At one point, I was walking downstairs to pee, they had an extensive downstairs and it was taking me a while to find where the hell I was supposed to pee. Anyway---

**side bar: I HATE when you go to a bar/club whatever and there is some random woman in the girls bathroom that has confiscated the soap and towels only so she can then pump soap into your hand and give you a paper towel for a buck. WHAT THE FUCK? I can't get my own soap and paper towel? How is this legal? It's so unfair. I never pay those bitches. I don't care if they are trying to make a living, it's not an honest living in my opinion. Find something that is a REAL JOB. I also hate how they try and sell you gum and mouthwash and everything. I'm sure that shit is poisoned.

On my way down the stairs I look over and see KATIE!!! She is randomly there with Karen. I mean, granted, she lives RIGHT by the bar and has every right to be there, but it still was random. Of all the days to be at the same bar as me. At this point, my brain was on overload with people that I knew in one place. I pretty much couldn't handle it. Then I guess Katie called Lindsay and she showed up too! It was super awesome.

Tessa finally got off work and came to hang out. We were shooting the shit, Berny too. Good times. Robbie was in the mix also. I finally decided it was time for me to leave, b/c I was drunk and it was getting late. I hopped in a cab home and passed out. *sigh* what a night!

Love,
Lauren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home