Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Monday, September 25, 2006

District Court and Redskins

WARNING: The first part of this email will be quite negative. Even though I'm in a good mood today and really I'm slowly getting over my negativity about the whole situation. So here it goes:
You all know how I was in that car accident at the end of July with the asshole that was drink and then pretty much hit me head on. So---finally I made sure all the paperwork was in and everything else was in order with the insurance company and all. I also told you about the subpeona that I got at my parents house saying that I had to come down and testify on some random day in October.

I had been avoiding the conversation with the lawyer about it because deep in my heart I knew that he was going to say that I had to go. I begged him---to write a statement, anything to not have to go down there---to no avail. So----then I started complain about how it was going to cost me money to get down there and like----that they should pay for that. He called me back and said that they would pay. Ok---all is settled right? WRONG.

See, I'm not even mad about the fact that I have to physically go down there. Becuase this guy deserves to be put away and he's an asshole and I want to testify against him. But here's the thing: I'm taking a Norwegian class which I'm really excited about. I already found out last week that I have to skip tomorrow b/c of the championship softball game and how I def can't miss it. But NOW, the following Tuesday---I have to be in Maryland and there is a (big) possibility that I will miss that Tuesday too! WTFC?!? I'm seriously annoyed about it. So, my mom is going to go with me and then hopefully she can get me to the airport in time to make it to at least part of the class. I sure hope so---I'm going to be practicing a LOT of Norwegian from now until then b/c I don't want to be the loser in the class that doesn't know anything.
Ok, I'm done venting.

Saturday morning---woke up late (shocking) and then went for a really long run after downloading the soundtrack to "Stick It" and then feeling all motivated. I had a nice motivating run in Central Park. Then----I was really thirsty and decided to go down to the corner store and buy a gatorade. Stop...I know what you are thinking. Gatorade has sugar in it and I shouldn't drink it or I will get cavities. But really??? I bought some anyway and I didn't even finish it. On my way to the store (which is 15 steps from my apartment) there were these two cute guys standing out front. I obviously was looking fine in my sweaty outfit and headband---fresh from my run. I think my face was THIS red. One of them put their hand up---like to give me five and so I was like, "sup?" and slapped his hand. I moseyed on into the store, bought my Gatorade and then came out. They were still there. They stopped me:

Boy 1: Dude, where are you going?
SL: To go drink my Gatorade.
Boy 2: You should come to the bar with us--across the street. Go Blue!
SL: Um...I look like shit and plus, I don't like Michigan. I'm a Badger fan.
Boy 1: Well they are playing Wisonsin right now!
SL: Maybe I'll come. I want to take a shower.
Boy 1: I'm never going to see you again.
SL: *laughing*
Boy 1/2: What's your name anyway?
SL: Lauren, what are yours?
Boy 1: Colin
Boy 2: Cullen
SL: Aw....that's so cute----maybe I'll see you later.
*high five*

So---I go upstairs, shower and change and everything and decide that it's not every day where two cute guy stop you on the street and ask you to hang out with them. So---I went. It was a good time. I spent most of the time sitting next to Cullen, who is adorable and fun. I invited him to the bar on Sunday to watch the Skins with me and Jess. He even text messaged me back about he really wanted to go.

Anyway, then I just like hung out/cleaned/effed around for a few hours until I went over to Beth's apt. Watched VMars and straight chilled there before heading out to LB's PAR-TAY.

Party was fun. I still had that annoying headache that wouldn't go away so I wasn't in a beer chugging mood. It was annoying. Because there were a TON of people there and I'm sure it would have been more fun if I had drank a little more. So---after two beers and a few hours, both Beth and I headed out. It was OK---def. a fun party.

Obviously most of you know what I'm going to write about based off my "Redskins" title. Yes, and you all would also be correct as well. :) WE WON YESTERDAY! First time for the season. I'm like, "Finally!" I went to Turtle Bay with Jess and then Beth joined us soon after*. That place is pretty chill on the weekends. It was nice b/c the bar tender was so cool and showing us all these cool magic tricks. I was pretty much obsessed with him. Also---there were these like Coors light girls walking around giving out free Coors Light's and these like coupons to win tickets to an NFL game. Anyway, it was also nice to get free beer. :) So we hung out there for a while. Met a few more Skins fans and then after we won, we all sang "Hail to the Redskins". It was amazing.

Jess, Beth, and I took the bus uptown, Jess came over and Beth went home. I started to feel sick. I had this headache all morning. We baked chocolate chip cookies and I brought them into work for everyone ELSE to pig out on b/c I am not eating sugar. Wait, back to the headache thing...I never get headaches so I was sort of perturbed about why I had one for so long. I had even taken medicine to get rid of it, but nothing seemed to be working. It was quite annoying. Then I started thinking hard about why my head would be hurting and I deducted that it probably is from my no-sugar diet. I was in sugar withdrawal. So---luckily I ate some of the dough from the cookies and felt better. It has to be a slow process but I'm determined to not eat white flour and sugar. I will beat this addiction. OK---then we went out to dinner at Angelo's Pizzeria where Jess's roommate Viviana works. She is so cute and I had a good dinner---Caprese salad. :) Yummy! Anyway, then I went home and passed out. It was a good, but kind of weird weekend.

Love,
Lauren


*Cullen never txted me back about the game. I hate him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home