Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Server Problems and CHAMPIONSHIP

So yesterday Blogger.com was not working. I was seriously going to post yesterday but it didn't work the entire day. Alas, no posting. So---luckily today when I checked if it was working----it is! Anyway, so I have a lot to report on. Well, if by a lot, I mean I have to talk about the championship softball game last night. If you normally read my blog you will see that most of my postings are clocked in at like 7:20am-7:30am. That's because that's when I generally start my entries, even if it's not until 11 when I actually finish.

OK----we met early yesterday, at 4:30 to get physically and mentally for our championship game. Everyone was there and we were all sporting our cool Jersey's. We cabbed it up there and started to warm up. I was throwing back and forth with Jason. I was starting to get a sore arm after a while b/c I was really lobbing them hard to keep up with all the guys that really can throw the ball like 8 miles. We played awesome. I also played great, my best game I believe. My first at bat---hit a nice line drive between 2nd and 3rd and got to first. BUt....the last out was made while I was on 2nd. Then, at my 2nd at bat, I led off the inning---I hit a nice line drive somewhere and bolted to first, where I just made it on safely. Good hustle by me. Then Jason hit a single and I got to second. It was GT's turn at bat and he hit a ball that was just incredible. It was still rolling away as I was rounding home. It was sick. Three runs for us. Go team! My last at bat sort of sucked b/c I hit a pop fly and got out. Booooo....

Final Score: 25-5

We are the champions of the world.

We are also drinking champions of the world. Berny had cars come pick us up at the fiels and then take us to Brother Jimmy's to begin the celebration. There was so much beer and so many fish bowls, I could barely even handle it. Wings, Ribs, Onion fry thingies, more wings. It was glorious. I totally pigged out on food and drink----for the rest of the night. I don't even really know what to write about the whole evening experience, just that it was incredible. There is never anything wrong with drinking for free with your fun co-workers until the wee hours.

I eventually got home somehow and managed to get into bed somehow. I chugged water and ate some Advil cause I knew there would be hell to pay tomorrow if I didn't. Good call on my part.

I woke up at 4:00am to like use the bathroom and I felt all dizzy and disoriented. I chugged more water and like----passed out again. It was beautiful. I woke up right before my alarm today, hungover but nothing like---if I hadn't chugged water and taken Advil right before bed.

Today is going slow. I had an amazing breakfast though---bacon and egg on a roll, banana, gatorade, coffee, and a HUGE thing of water. I know how to take care of these things. Ger 'er done!!!

Ok---back to work! Going to try to go for a long run tonight. We'll see how I manage.

Happy Wednesday!

Love,
Lauren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home