Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Butterflies and the Universe

Well---this weekend was great! I spent the majority of it with my mom, who arrived late Friday night in the frigid weather. Yesterday morning we woke up and ran and got bagels from H&H. Ate a leisurely breakfast and then I went to go take a shower to get ready to go-----I noticed that the water was again not getting hot. Again? I was like---hell no! I was very mad that for the second day this week I had no hot water! Uh...but it was true.

So I washed my hair in the sink with cold water cause it was really greasy and needed to be washed. I angrily called 311 and complained about my building's lack of heat. So my mom and I set off to walk across town to the Natural History Museum. She really wanted to see the planetarium show that I'd been raving about since I saw it when Beth's mom was in town about a month ago. So we bought tickets to that and also to the Butterfly exhibit. It was so cool, there were all these gorgeous butterlies fluttering about in this greenhouse thing. They are so amazing. Almost like ethereal and not even animals. We also watched this IMAX movie about the Galapagos, which was super cool too. We walked back through CP and then came home to finally take a breather. We went to go see the movie "Eight Below" you know? The one with Paul Walker and those snow dogs? I knew my mom would like it since it was about animals. It was cute a good family movie. Then afterwards we ordered take out from this Turkish place and stuffed ourselves silly. It was delicious and I'm boosted cause now I have left overs and can eat it today and also for lunch tomorrow probably. Nice.

***So my coffee maker is a bust! My dad bought it for me for christmas. It's one of those "pod" makers where you buy pods of coffee grounds and then makes individual cups. So---the brand of pods that my dad gave me with the maker tasted like ass. read: ass. Then I told my mom about it and then we went and bought new pods. We made coffee with those new ones. Still tasted like ass. Then we finally read the manual where it describes that the machine only works with like two specific brands of "pods". We went beack and bought the right kind. Made a cup using two of the flipping things and the coffee was still weak and horrible. I told my mom she has to go back home and tell my dad how nasty the coffee is. ***

This morning we woke up at around 9:30 and lounged around. We made breakfast and hung out leisurely and then took a walk for about 45 minutes. My mom loves just walking around and it was nice and bright out. I didn't bring my scarf though and I was really cold at certain points. It was pretty laid back this morning. So---she went home early this afternoon and I have been lounding around ever since.

***Coffee pod update. Apparently now the coffee tastes good when you use the real kind. I think my mom was delusional when drinking it last night. So---it's not a bust, but instead a good single cup coffee maker that I can now use.***

I took a nap and and watched some movies, I'm just now deciding what I should do with the rest of my evening. Please any thoughts? I need to call Britt back. Have a good night everyone! I'll write more tomorrow!

Love,
Lauren

P.S I have hot water again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home