Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day

So it's still all snowy and annoying outside. You know, with the record snowfall and everything up here in the city. It didn't look like 26 inches, I think they might have been lying. How do they measure that anyway? Does someone go out to Central Park in the middle of the day and measure with a ruler? How accurate is this number? I'm truly skepctical.

I don't feel like eating lunch today, instead I think I'm going to get something from Jamba Juice. I know I should have some real nourishment, but I don't feel like thinking about what I want to eat and plus, like Jamba juice, so it's not that bad or unhealthy. It's not like I'm eating fried chicken or something. Sheesh.

Tonight Jess and I are going to some fun place in the Village. We were going to go to this lock and key party, which subsequently I told everyone about prematurely but then Jess found out that it was like all swanky and bourgie, and I wasn't down with that. If you know me, which you probably do if you are reading this blog----you know i'm not bourgie. I mean, I like Williams Sonoma and all, but I'm not like that. So, we are going for a more chill atmosphere, which hopefully won't produce stuffy boys like that other place would have. Although I did like the idea of getting a lock and hoping that some hottie's key would fit into it. Alexi told me this morning in an email that she thought I should try and shove and force a key into my lock if the guy was really hot. I laughed. It was a very funny thing to say.

I'm in the process of filling out some paperwork that needs to be filed with the SEC. It's easy but there is one box that I don't know how to fill out and I'm frustrated b/c I really want to mail it out now so it gets off my cluttered desk and so I can start to move onto other things. I'm sure you don't care about that either.

I'm wearing my red glasses today, I'd like to say that it was becuase of Valentine's Day and that I'm trying to show Valentine "spirit" but really it's just because I woke up late and didn't have the time to shove my contacts into my eyes.

I'm going to LA this weekend to visit Amos and Liz. They just sort of recently moved into a new place and I'm excited to see it and hang out with them and do fun things and also be in perfect weather. It's supposed to be like 65-70 this weekend. Whooooooo-hoooooo.

So I'm trying this new thing where I actually capitalize the "i's" I write, you know, when I'm writing in first person. It's hard cause usually I don't. But I think it will get me in good habits. Plus, it's not like I stopped using contractions or anything. I still have that wit about

JM just got flowers. Why? How is this possible? I want flowers. How come SHE gets flowers. This is so unfair. SO unfair. Poop on flowers.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

xoxoxox,
Lauren

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, February 14, 2006, Blogger chiniqua said…

    simply lauren, you are simply awesome. we should do some linkage - our blog is at brandblueday.blogspot.com. and you are so right. someone is totally lying about the snow.
    xo
    china

     

Post a Comment

<< Home