Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Shout Outs and Pink Eye

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I woke up after Valentine's Day fun to my eyes being crusted over due to conjunctivitis. It's funny. It think that you are a person who gets pink eye, or doesn't get pink eye. I unfortunatly, will get pink eye if someone in New Jersey has it. I no doubt got it from the Boys and Girls club that I volunteer at---and did on Monday. So, since it's so highly contagious----I didn't go into work. I used those wonderful drops in both my eyes all day. Gross. One annoying thing is that I felt fine, it was just that I was really contagious and my eyes were nasty. Whatever, I'm better and back at work today.

Before I move on, I have several thanks and shout outs after the premiere of my blog on Tuesday:

Justin: Thanks for giving me the links to the websites for voiceovers. Good luck with your athletic endeavors, you know you have my support.
Beth: Thanks for substantiating my skepticality (is that a word?) regarding how the snow is measured. Apparently it is measured by the Park Rangers in Central Park. Read the email from Beth below:

"Not to cast doubt on a record or on the hard-working people who keep it, but do you know who measures the snow at Central Park? The security guards at the zoo. They read the numbers off a stick set in a flat, tree-ringed clearing near the sea lion pool. Therefore, the words, "According to the National Weather Service, the snowfall in Central Park..." actually mean, "According to the security guards at the Central Park Zoo."


JB: thanks for reading my blog. :)
Jared: I know I'm a dork, but I know you are still going to read my blog anyway cause you are interested. This makes you a dork too. Accept it, it's ok. :)
Jess: I know you read my blog, so thanks for that.
China: Thanks for writing a comment! SO sad VMars wasn't new yesterday. :(


Well, today just took a turn for the worst. People that know what I'm talking about know about my 9-5 situation. I'm not going to provide any details really because that's how people get fired. Anyway, I feel like crying and it's only 10am. Great. I'm the worst sales assistant and can't do anything right! I love that everyday I mess up everything. It's really empowering to hear it all the time. It makes me want to work extra hard and do extra things---. Oh, and did you know that my personal life is more important than my job? Or so I'm told. There are things I've learned:

1. Small things are really not small at all, they are very important and should be taken seriously
2. If you forget something, it is the worst thing you could possibly do
3. If your gut reaction is that something isn't a big deal, you are wrong. It is a big deal.
4. Prioritizing isn't necessary. Everything is the most important thing.
5. You aren't allowed to make mistakes.
6. Don't assume, cause you'll be wrong.


I also lost my credit card yesterday on the street. I'm so organized. Lucily I called and got a new card and nothing extra had been charged onto the card. Phew. I was lucky. Stephanie, I'm sorry I yelled at you on the phone about having my identity stolen and all this stuff charged. I should have been more calm and not yelled at you.

In other news, I have a crush on my chiropractor.

Have a great Thursday, your day is already going better than mine.

Love, Lauren

1 Comments:

  • At Thursday, February 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://newyorkmagazine.com/news/media/15967/

    For inspiration, this is a friend of a friend.

    Love the daily LSH monolouges!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home