Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Last Night and Hot Water

Ah, last night I was thinking about what I would be writing today, since nothing seemingly interesting happened to me between then and my last post. But, fortunately---this morning proved more interesting than I had hoped for.

First of all, I went to bed early since I got no sleep the night before---and it was great, I totally slept great. I didn't wake up until the alarm. Then I noticed that I was freezing. I had forgotten to turn on the radiator in my room. Wait a minute, I remember why the radiator wasn't on. It's because when I turn it on, at around 5:30am, water starts like hissing and spraying out of the spickot getting my rug all wet. It is totally annoying. For a while I thought that spraying thing only happened when the heat was marginally on, but it turns out it happens eventually everytime I turn it on. So...

I couldn't breathe that well, my nose and throat were like totally stuffed up and my glands felt really swolen. It was horrible. I still can barely swallow. My stomach also really hurts, and not hungry breakfast hurt, but like I ate something just now and it still hurts, hurt. Uh, it's totally not going away.

Believe it or not, that isn't even the worst part of my morning. Since I took the red-eye right into work practically without taking a shower I was excited to get a good sleep and then waking up and washing my dirty hair in a nice hot shower. So I strip and turn the water on, waiting for it to get warm. But nothing is happening. The water isn't getting warm. Fuck! I can't believe this. I walk out of the bathroom naked and see if the kitchen water will get warm. Nope. I frantically throw on clothes, fill a bag with the clothes i'm going to wear to work and walk to the gym. I'm wasting so much time! I have to walk five blocks to the gym just to take a freaking shower? So I get in, take a shower at NYSC, and leave. I'm sure people were like----"um, did anyone else just see that girl come in take a shower and leave?" Then I ran with soaking wet hair to the subway and miraculously made it to work on-time.

Now, my stomach is really starting to hurt. I went downstairs to the cafeteria and got some toast and ginger ale....and nothing is making it feel better. The ginger ale, like made it burn really bad. I feel crappy. My glands are totally hurting too.

**I'm bummed because I just read this article in the NYTimes about how my favorite speed skater Chad Hedrick and this other guy are like feuding, and that it's Chad who is being the like sore loser. I thought he was super hot and amazing. Now I'm mad at him for having bad sportsmanship. What's up with that?**

I'm going to go downstairs to the health center. I feel like poop.

Leave comments people! This is the only way I'm going to get blogfamous!

Love,
Lauren

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, February 22, 2006, Blogger caroserey said…

    Hey dude, I am sorry about the hot water but totally relate to the feel like a** part of your story. Shani Davis is the guy Hedrick is feuding with because he won the gold and Hedrick didn't. And Shani is mad because Hedrick didn't even shake his hand, his teammate's hand, after he won the gold. I love the olympics. Check out my blog. It is for class so not that interesting but you can look at it and decide.

     
  • At Wednesday, February 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dude. I'm sorry to hear about your lack of hot water. I'm also bummed about your stomach. I can so totally relate to your being in undying pain. PS- You're totally blogfamous.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home