Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Hiatus and LA

First, I want to apologize for all of you that were worried about me since I didn't post anything for a while. I was in LA on a mini-president's day vacation. It was so fun. I wanted to write about some highlights of the trip.

Amos and Liz are the bomb. I stayed in their apartment in Beverly Hills, which is really pimp. It is totally huge, way bigger than their old place and in a really great location. Also, the weather is great in LA, even though they claimed it was cold, I thought it was a nice change from the frigid NYC weather where I have to wear a hat/scarf, etc. Anway, on with the highlights:

1. at breakfast at the griddle: the best breakfast place ever. Had the apple french toast and it was amazing. The bacon and coffee are also amazing. The waiter that looks like Ryan from the OC was there again.

2. went to MOCA and got in free---thank you corporate america. saw this cool comic book exhibit.

3. shopped at Fred Segal: bought the most amazing hoodie ever and paid the most outrageous price ever, but totally worth it. you will sweat my hoodie when you see it. Especially you Beth. :)

4. at at "The Counter" this like customized burger place with amazing shakes and fries. We literally stuffed our faces b/c it had been all day since our last meal at the griddle

5. Went to the Groundlings: the most amazing and hilarious comedy club ever. Sat night was particularly hilarious and funny on part by the sketched by the women, you know the cook from Gilmore girls? Well---she is a hysterical comedian. Just hilarious. holy cow.

6. Ate crepes at the farmers market at the Grove. I had a crepe with nutella, strawberries and whipped cream. It was orgasmic. Then I was still hungry (cause i'm a pig) and so Amos stopped at Subway to get something for Liz and I ran into Mulberry Street for a slice of pizza. Yes, I am a hog.

7. It was a nice day outside so Amos and I went lawn bowling (read: played Bocce ball) they have these special bocce courts outside right by their apartment and it was so much fun! Although to be honest, my butt was sore from my form in throwing the ball on Monday.

8. I had coffee w/ Michelle Culver, so fun to catch up with her. She's the best.

9. Ate dinner at this Japanese like "grill your own food" place. Amazing. I had beef and chicken and it was so yummy. The grill is right on your table. Then we roasted s'mores for dessert.

10. stayed up and watched Elizabethtown---but turned it off after 20 minutes b/c it was horrid so we eneded up watching the Best of Chris Farley

11. had breakfast/lunch at "Doughboy" so delicious. Except Liz didn't really like her garlic soup, she said it burned her throat and then Amos made me laugh and so i got potato and ketchup up my nose and then spent the next hour trying to blow potato out of my nose. It was horrible.

12. Went to OK and i got the placemats I wanted. We also then went to Arclight to get tickets to Match Point

13. Got cool stationery and the cool expensive place.

14. Watched Match Point and it was horrible. I love ScaJO---but it was freaky and stupid and unpredictable.

15. Ate dinner at Jones pizza place---ate good pizza and also I had a Zack Braff spotting. It was cool. He was eating with some of his non-famous friends.

So friends, that was my trip.

Other interesting things that happened on/related to the trip:
  • some asshole left like melted chocolate on the floor in front of my seat on the flight home---got all over my bag---it was sick.
  • I love my new suitcase
  • there was a hot boy in my row on the way there---He was also on the flight back---but we didn't sit next to each other
  • someone hit Amos when he was coming to pick me up----it was a hit and run and amos thought it would be a good idea to chase the van, instead of calling the cops.
  • I watched a lot of family guy and mythbusters.
  • red eye's stink.

I'm at work now trying to survive. Happy Tuesday!

Love,

Lauren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home