Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Cookbook and AFD

Stop the yelling---I already know. I didn't post yesterday.

I need a good practical joke for April Fools day---a good one.

I have some ideas. I'm a big prankster at heart. Seeing people get startled, freakout, or sick is great. I've decided to come up with this big April Fools Day prank-a-thon. I know, you are already rolling your eyes. What you need to know is that all of this is going to be based around culinary delights. I want to trick people into thinking that they are eating something delicious, when in reality it is something nasty.

My prime example is as follows:

Everyone knows that I make the best funfetti cupcakes. How about doing a little twist on the cupcakes? Instead of the jimmies that are normally baked into them---why not instead trade in a more disgusting option, like say----capers? So---when the person bited into the cupcake---instead of a funfetti surprise they get a mouth full of sweet cake and capers. For the frosting, use regular vanilla or chocolate but for the sprinkles, shake on some garlic powder. That ought to do it. Disguise the smell with a dash of vanilla extract.

Voila! The most unexpected dessert ever!

I'm still in the process of thinking up more "delectable" dishes. Please feel free to submit your ideas! I'd love to incorporate them into my April Fools cookbook.

Happy Tuesday!

Love,
Lauren

P.S I think the mice moved out. None have been caught.

1 Comments:

  • At Friday, March 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here's a juicy little tidbit unrelated to anything in this entry but blogworthy nonetheless...our onetime heartthrob who fell somewhat out of our good graces, Mr. Chad Hedrick, is being considered for the next round of The Bachelor!! What say you to this?!?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home