Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Monday, August 02, 2010

Skunks & Plum Bread

Good evening my fellow friends,

I a pleased to exclaim that today I did not get sprayed by a skunk, much to my perpetual fear. Is this irrational? I'll tell you why I don't think it's so irrational. Whenever I run in the neighborhood, I ALWAYS smell skunk at least two separate times along the streets. Is there anything else that can smell like a skunk like that? If not, then there are totally some crazy-ass skunks hanging out in Woodmoor. So, my fear is not irrational. I would be especially annoyed if I got sprayed before my panel presentation at school on Thursday. I wouldn't want people to think I smelled like ass. My mom also told me, and so did TV, that taking a bath in tomato sauce or tomatoes, or whatever, doesn't work. What would I even do? Do you think there is some sort of skunk "off"? I'm curious now. Do you think they have skunk repellant? I'm considering investing in some.

So, yesterday I made plum bread out of these mini plums that I bought with my parents at Baughers. The plums were really ripe and delicious raw but....

Basically I'm trying to tell you that the plum bread sucked. Who wants to eat fucking plum bread? I should never have made it. I gave it to my mom, who can't taste and my dad that will eat anything homemade. Thank god for them! I was able to pawn it off to them without feeling like a complete failure.

I have to say that today was a pretty good day. I feel like accomplished a lot. Whether or not that's actually true - the jury's still out. I just feel like a bad ass. I like this feeling.

Erin - if you read this, which I'm pretty sure you don't. Thanks for peaking my interest in "Criminal Minds" now I'm obsessed and also have increased nightmares because of it. It's cool - I don't blame you. I blame my brain lobes and my subconscious.

Susannah - so great to see you the other night. GREAT catching up and also it was much needed.

Hope everyone had a great Monday. I love you all.

Love,
SL

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home