Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Early AM & Hot Trash

So, I woke up really early in the AM to babysit Braden across the street. His little sister Lila has a brain tumor, she's 2 and she had to go to the hospital for a hearing test. I know that's really sad but I try and look at the bright side of life. Anyway, I had to be there at 5:30. I just went back to sleep on the couch until B woke up and then we ate breakfast together (or rather he ate and I drank coffee).

I guess the only real highlight so far about the babysitting gig was when for about 2o minutes we played the "You smell like..." game. Oh, you don't know what that game is? Let me explain: You play with two people, in this case, Braden and myself, and go back and forth and tell each other what you each smell like. Bonus points for double bodily functions or using animals. Examples from today's match:

  • You smell like dirty trash
  • You smell like hot trash
  • You smell like a dead rat
  • You smell like poop
  • You smell like a plate full of worms
  • You smell like snot
  • You smell like blood
  • You smell like the wall
I think you get the drift. Anyway, this was a solid game. Braden also has a badass powerwheels and while he was driving in the backyard he drove through like 8 pounds of dog poop and it got all wedged in the tires. So, then we played car wash on the tires. 4 year old kids are amazing.

Have you ever noticed that Law & Order is ALWAYS filmed in the winter? They are always outside in the freezing cold or the rain or just wearing really heavy coats. It's a bummer that they can't solve crime in the summer although the dead bodies would probably would smell a lot worse right? I have a girl crush on Angie Harmon but that new show that she is on "Rizzoli and Isles" seems lame. I will not be watching.

TGIF! I hope that you all (which might be like the two people that are reading this blog again) have a fantastic weekend and that you are as or MORE productive than me - although I'm not sure that's possible.

Chillin',

SL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home