Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Summer and Work Stuff

Finally the GRE is over. It was a tough weekend though. I didn't do as well as I'd have liked and that was frustrating---especially given the amount of work and time and effort I put into it. I'm ok though. I made it through and I'm ready to move on from it. I hope the rest of the summer will be fun and "relaxing". Obviously I'm never really relaxed during the summers because of MLW and all the work that goes along with that.

This week has been crazy---hence my lack of posts. Work is out of control. The amount of responsibilities I have in my new position and also while still covering from others is really hard. Sorry if you call and I hang up on you....etc. I'm just really swamped.

Dr. Bora is going well. Keep the questions coming. He loves when I call around lunch time to ask him the questions. So----hopefully we'll keep it up.

Things that SUCK about NYC in the summer:
1. the whole city smells like piss and trash---the heat and humidity bring it out, nasty. You really can't escape it
2. more people: there are just bunches of people around constantly.
3. I sit inside all day and can't venture out to run errands (especially with my current workload).
4. A/C overload. It's so hot outside and yet so artic inside. I'm sitting at my desk with my suit jacket on. Redick.
5. Going along with the more people----the more kids running around since they are out of school. I love 'em, but they are annoying.

SO---bottom line. Thanks for everyone who asked about my test. :)

Also----I'm running the NYC Marathon in November. If you want to donate---please do! The link is below for you to donate via online. I also can mail you information if you'd prefer to write a check. Leave your 411 in the comments section. Hopefully if you are reading this blog, you already know me on some level so I may not even need you info.

CLICK ON THIS LINK
My entry #: 157363
And enter my last name.

If you don't know my last name---too bad. I"m not telling you. Only people that know me can donate b/c this blog is private and I'm not giving out my information to anyone. Even if you claim to want to donate for my cause. How do I know you aren't some shady stalker?

Ok back to work people!

Love,
Lauren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home