Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Blair Teachers and Mother's Day

So---this weekend was pretty eventful. I'm going to start off with the most interesting parts and then work backwards.

But first:

HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY LINDSAY! I LOVE YOU! Have a GREAT Day!

So--Jake hosted a "May Babies" bday party at his house for a bunch of his teacher friends at Blair. I was def. nervous before the party but then realized that I had nothing to worry about and most of the people coming would be cool and not ever really my teachers, so it was ok. I need to tell everyone though:

1. Mrs. Diodati: She got married. Her husband Jim is so cute. She told me I had to call her Maureen. She gave me a huge hug and is adorable. I love her. She also told me that if I accidentally called her Mrs. Diodati, that it was ok b/c she understood how hard it would be to all of a sudden change. She was drinking wine. I seriously love her. So my girl. Oh Jake just reminded me that she was so funny b/c she was talking about how good she was at flip-cup and beer pong. She won some sort of championship, although I'm pretty sure it was just like a little game that she won. HILARIOUS!

2. Mr. Horne: "Horne" to most of his co-teachers. But sometimes Jake will say "Mike" and then I get all confused. Luckily I called him "Horne" when I was in high school. He was my lacrosse coach btw---for all of yu that didn't know that. I resented him a lot b/c I think he didn't know what he was doing and should have played me more. He got WAY fatter. It was funny. Carolyn---he was all like, "Yo---I heard CK got married." He apparently talked to your mom or something. I corroberated and then he proceeded to tell be about all the people he's seen, etc. He wants to have an alumni game in 2009, to celebrate 10 years of the team. He was pretty normal I have to say. But I don't think he's that normal in reality. I only made the mistake of calling him "Mr." once the whole night and it was really embarrassing I have to say.

3. Mr. Henry: Luke---Well he's getting married to this lady Joy, who I didn't meet but who is apparently cool according to Jake, and I trust his opinion. I'm going to the wedding in November. That should be cool. He seems pretty normal. He's really skinny though. Skinnier than I remembered.

Then there were all these other teachers that I didn't know or weren't there when I went to school. Which was FINE BY ME since less the better. It was a fun party. It was really weird to be drinking beers with them (esp. Horne) who is still obsessed with Canada and hockey and this group Rush. It was nice to make fun of him for being old. Ha!

Anyone that cares can totally call me and I'll talk to you about it b/c it was hilarious.

Jake, if I forgot any deets, let me know b/c I don't want to forget anything.
---------------------------------

I'm slowly taking control over my life and all the million things on my plate right now. It's a bit overwhelming I have to say. Long are the days (really though---when were they?!) of going home after work to chill on the couch or go to happy hour (read: happy night). I now have a neverending list of events and checklists. It's partly b/c of the GRE. Partially b/c of MLW and just partially b/c I like being busy. Is that such a crime?

Anyway---I was supposed to have a softball game tonight after work but I think we are going to have to forfeit b/c not enough people can go. That's what you get when you are trying to make people that have to work until 6 and later---make it up to Harlem for a game that STARTS at 6. I'm only mildly annoyed. I kind of wanted to go for a run anyway, so I'll be able to since there will be no softball. Then I have to eat something and then work on GRE stuff. Oh the joy!

Mother's Day was also really great! I went over to my parent's house. Chilled with my mom. Got some old files from my computer from college and put them on a flash drive and then we went out to lunch at Thyme Square Cafe. I had good memories about the place but really the service was HORRIBLE! It took them 45 minutes for our meals, and like the dessert took so long we had to cancel it. We. ordered. sorbet. How long does it take to scoop out two effing bowls?! We got popcicles at the supermarket instead. They were delicious. Then my mom and I studied vocab flashcards and then I took a nap on the floor of my living room like a loser.

Jake picked me up and drove me to the airport. I love him.

Oh I forgot: Dr. D. is retiring. FYI!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Love,
Lauren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home