Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Cookies and Camp

So last night I made a bunch of cookies. Some of them are for this care package that I'm putting together for Jake. The others are for my co-workers. I have so many since I made two batches. I might have to sell them on the street for a profit this weekend. I'm just kidding about that although I think I'd give that Mrs. Fields bitch a run for her money. I made chocolate/caramel chip and chocolate chip walnut.

So at work since Brette left, she packed up all these boxes and they are sitting in front of me on this file cabinet. I can't really see anything and I really want them to take them away. It worries me though b/c she's supposed to be at her new office on Monday and like---they are still at this office. I'm wondering who I can call to get them moved. I'll do that later on.

So Kimmy is in town from Germany. She is in town this weekend. Last night she came in and we hung out after work. She came with me to the grocery store to get materials for the baking escapade that I was going to have with Jess and also she helped me carry my cleaning and my laundry. Finally I have clean underwear. I was seriously down to my last few pairs. I also have to mention that that is really indicative of how much dirty laundry I actually did have because believe me---I have a TON of underwear. I should actually run over to Victoria's Secret at some point this weekend to get some of the stuff done that I need to take care of.

Anyway, so before Jess came over Chris came uptown to get Kim and take her out to dinner at this French place. I'm assuming they had a killer time because I didn't get a chance to talk to Kim last night b/c she came in late and I obviously was in no condition to chat. It was weird though. I feel like I didn't sleep very well last night. Not sure why since I was totally tired. Who knows?!

Today she is doing stuff in the city to keep her busy and then I'm at work. Not sure what we are doing tonight although I'm assuming it's going to be dinner or food of some sort and then some sort of hanging out thing, possibly a movie. I definitely need to sleep in tomorrow though because I'm pretty tired from this crazy week at work. The post that went up yesterday wasn't really written on Monday, I wrote it yesterday but because I started it on Monday, it made it look like it was from right after the weekend. Sorry for the time lapse.

Things with Jake are OK. Honestly, right now it's pretty shitty because I pretty much don't communicate with him that much. It's like the occasional five minute phone call here and there and emails during the day but because we are both really busy it's hard to even stay in contact. I never talk to him at night and really not in the mornings either. I'm not sure how to deal with this. I think I'm going to start pretending that he's like away or deployed or something and I'm just waiting for him to come home. Does that sound like a plan? Anything else just really stresses me out and makes me all like sad and frustrated. He asks me to be patient with him being at camp, and I am, because I really understand what it's like to be busy and running around and all but it's different. He says summer is going to fly by because we are both so busy, but I'm ALWAYS busy. Also, my life isn't changing that much. Other than more MLW and that it's hotter, I still come to work everyday and to the same things after work---like softball, happy hour, and eating. Anyway--his life is totally different, like running around at camp playing with tools compared to his academic year of teaching, etc. So---it is different for him but not for me. Whatever. Having a hard time grasping the idea that I'm pretty much not talking to Jake on a regular basis. Was this paragraph to debbie downer to put on the blog? Sorry if that's the case.

I also feel really badly becuase my dad sent me something in the mail that I was supposed to get last Friday but I didn't get the package slip until Monday and because I can't really get home by 6 to go to the post office to pick it up----I still haven't gotten it and I know he feels bad. It totally went out of his way to do something nice and I can't even pick it up! So annoying. Remember how annoyed I got at the PO when I couldn't get the package that Jake sent me? Similar feelings, different sender.

I hope that everyone has a very happy Friday. I know I will (read: maybe).

Love,
Lauren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home