Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Matty and Norwegian

Last night I went to dinner with my friend from college Matt. I can't even remember the last time I saw him, so it was nice. We went to this little place in like the 30s or something. Called---shit I already forgot the name of it. Way to go Lauren. Anyway, it was good. I honestly was a little buzzed on the wine I drank. It was delicious Pinot Noir. For dinner I had delicious bread and olive oil of course and then I ordered Caprese----an essential and my favorite Italian app. :) My meal, normally consists of pasta but I wasn't in the mood for something heavy like pasta or anything. So I got chicken in wine sauce. It was very yummy. I was happy and I didn't have leftovers which was a bit disappointing, but I didn't care. (You know---I'm trying desperately to work on my leftover eating habits.)

Right now my apartment is a total mess. Again, not like a tornado, but a pretty big mess for Lauren standards if you know what I mean. There are clothes all over the place, dirty dishes in the sink (although that's normal) and papers and fish tank materials all over. I have to get on that. Especially if Jess comes over for dinner tonight. It would be a disaster I imagine.

One reason I'm really excited is because I just signed up for a Norwegian class at the Norwegian Seamen's Church. Since I'm a member of the Sons of Norway, I get all these emails about Norwegian happenings in New York and I got this one this morning! Yeah!!!! So it starts on Monday and I can't wait! I am going to try to get pretty good at it so that I can be a legit Scandinavian.

Tonight is my night at No Idea Bar---where they have your name on a certain day and then you can drink for free. So---I'm going. If you live in New York and want to come out---come! Jess and I are going so you should come out if you are around! But you have to pay for your own drinks---heh heh. :)

I wish there was something else so say about my exciting life. I've been pretty busy in the evenings. It's going to wear me out but I don't really care. I like being busy and working hard. It's like in my genes.*

*at first I had typed "jeans" and then I realized it looked wrong and then I changed it for fear of being ridiculed. But as I type this admission, I realize I will be made fun of anyway.

I wish that today was Friday.
I want to see Invincible soon.

What are people doing this weekend?

Love,
Lauren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home