Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Orioles and NYC

Keep submitting to Dr. Bora! He calls me everyday with questions! I don't have one for today! Submit please! Thanks to all of you that have already submitted questions! xo

Last night I went to the Orioles game against the Yankees. Oh----Orioles-----you disappoint me. YOU WERE IN THE LEAD!!!! And you blew it! It was really fun though. I have to say. I hate Jason Giambi. He is a piece of shit. I can't believe that people actually like him and like "respect" him a quote from my boss this morning. I went on a rampage for five minutes about how I hated him and how he was a scummy low life. One of my bosses' arguments in his defense was actually that, "look at how hard it was for him to come back. He took his medicine and then he could barely hit." Awwww....poor Giambi, the juice sucking asshole who got no punishment.

Jess and I also hated how all the Yankees fans were like "MOooooooooooseeeeee!" I'm like---Mikey---you know your roots!!!! So, there is a little "soft spot" as Jess would say, for him in my heart. A true Oriole.

OK---for those of you that know me, you know how dramatic I can be about EVERYTHING. And how I make everything into a huge deal when normally, it's just something really mundane right? Well...anyway I think that my boss beats me. Everything is huge deal for him. Like, he talked for 20 minutes about how he had to take his cat to the vet last night. I mean, if the cat had died or something, that would have been horrible and I would have felt really badly, but it was fine. Anyway, that was a dumb anecdote---Ii'm sorry I shared it with you.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE living here, but, as in every city one lives in, there are some really annoying and obnoxious things about it. Read on for the full effect...

Things that annoy me about New York, these are in no particular order:
  1. How when it's really humid out---or really hot in general, the whole city smells like urine
  2. When they "wash" the streets with water and it gets me all wet in the morning---ever single morning the sidewalks are wet and disgusting
  3. When people steal my cab, which happens almost every time I try and take a cab, which isn't even that often.
  4. How expensive some lunch places are by my work. I hate that I work in midtown---it is a blowed b/c so many people work there and lunch lines area always long and the places I really like are really effing expensive. Stupid.

That's about it. I got nothing really. Have a great day!

Love,

Lauren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home