Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

MMW and The Resevoir

Happy 41st Anniversary Mom and Papa! Keep it up!

So last night was a bit off. I walked halfway home, was really really starving and so I took the bus the rest of the way. All I could think about was eating some sort of dinner. I got home and my stomach was growling. I popped in a frozen pizza and then meanwhile ate tortillas and hummus. It was delish.

I sat down to watch the movie that Mike recommended for me: Malibu's Most Wanted. This movie was crazy. There is a joke at work and he calls me Maryland's Most Wanted (MMW) cause he thinks I'm ghetto and like too gangsta' for my own good. Anyway---the movie is totally whack. Jamie Kennedy is in it and so is Taye Diggs. I can't even do this movie justice. You should just watch it yourself. I bought it on Amazon for about 90 cents. Or you can just borrow it from me!!

I went running at the resevoir last night for the first time in a while. It was pretty disgusting outside, like very muggy and hot despite the fact that it was about 8pm when I went out for the run, I was still already really hot by the time I got to the water. There were a lot of people out so I thought I could stick it out pretty easy.

Here are some strange things I saw while running:

1. two mice, the first going into an apt. building on my way to the resevoir, the second scurried into some bushes along the path

2. a raccoon: yes, this is probably the most disturbing thing I saw. The raccoon was just straight chillin' by this tree. I was like wtf?!?!? No one else seemed to notice or care. Isn't it true that if you see a raccoon in the daytime, they are like for sure rabid or something? Anyway, right after I ran past it with my mouth open it ran across the path into where the water was.

3. a really really hot guy: I ran behind him for a while, but he was way faster than me so I had to watch his shirtless self run off into the sunset without me. It was a sad sad day.

4. an old guy wearing medals in a walker: who apparently is the mayor of Central Park and is like totally famous. Random, but I saw him. I've seen him before and alwasy wondered what his deal was. Now I know.

So I've started a new mission: Operation Keep Lauren Hydrated. (OK-LH)

This mission consists of several tactics, of which I monitor daily. The first thing is obviously how much liquid I consume on a daily basis. I typically start off the morning with a large cup of coffee, either iced or regular. Then, sometimes I drink Orange Juice because often in the morning I crave OJ for no apparent reason. Then I start on my water. My daily goal is to drink 1.5 Liters daily. That is how big my Poland Spring bottles are that are by my desk. So---if I finish one of those daily, I'm good to go.

I also keep track of how often I use the bathroom, just to make sure it's more than before. It is. It's actually a bit annoying having to get up constantly to pee. I am up to six a day, pretty consistently. Before, I could really go the whole day without peeing, well, maybe going like once.

Also---all the websites say that your pee should be light colored, almost clear, unless you take certain types of vitamins. I take vitamins too but my pee is pretty much clear. (Aren't you loving the detail I'm putting into this?)

Additionally, I went to some other websites that tell you how much water you should be consuming and the results are quite disturbing. Right now, I consume apprx. 50 fluid ounces a day of water at work. I often drink water at home, but I'm getting to that. For my body weight and amount of exercise I do, which is steadily increasing, I should be drinking twice that!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I would be stuck in the bathroom. I think I'm going to aim for a number in between 50 and 100. Cause 100 is just ridiculous!!

Because I run/workout and then sweat a lot, I'm supposed to be replenishing those fluids. I need to do a better job of doing that I think. I really like Gatorade and I think I'm going to start eating light meals, like eggs and stuff---and then drinking gatorade after I run or go to the gym. This will make my taste buds happy, get me some more calories and also re-hydrate me. :)

I'll keep you updated on this mission!!!

Happy Tuesday!

Love,
Lauren

4 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, August 08, 2006, Blogger Simply Lauren. said…

    eww-----how do i make those go away??

     
  • At Tuesday, August 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a riot-OK-LH! Glad you are back in the world of securities, it's not the same without you. I know, the kids need you but so does the Big Apple. Who and where else can see the Mayor, a raccoon, several mice and a hot dude all in one run?! Not here in the Southland.

     
  • At Tuesday, August 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And Malibu's Most Wanted was the shiz-nit!

     
  • At Thursday, August 17, 2006, Blogger azulita said…

    yeah ya, what the hell. btw, only so you know!!, it's reservoir :-*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home