Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Lazy Weekend and Movies

This weekend was a much needed respite from the craziness that has been my life for the entireity of the summer. I did nothing. And when I say I did nothing, I clearly did SOME things, but really on the whole I did nothing. I slept a lot, cleaned, ran errands (well, I didn't actually "run" but you get the point), and organized. It was awesome. I honestly feel like I'm in control o fmy life again: something I haven't felt in a long time. It was the first weekend in aprx. 8 weekends that I was in New York. That number is out of control. Oh, I also went to the Met on Sunday for a bit since it was so nice out. I walked around some. I also caught up on my correspondence. So if you have been writing to me and I haven't been responding---you will be getting a letter soon enough.

Ugh, about an hour ago, Brittany called me on my cell phone and I forgot to turn down the volume on it AGAIN so it was seriously blasting "What you Know" and I was so embarrassed. I was also even more embarrassed when I couldn't turn it off. I had to like pick up the phone and then hang up on Brit to make the noise stop. I wish that I could find some way to remind myself about having the phone on vibrate while I'm at work. I technically could keep it on vibrate all the time, but that wouldn't be as fun as having that sweet ring now would it?

Since nothing really exciting happened this weekend, there isn't much to write about in the blog. Again, I apologize for this. OK, so let me talk about things that I'm really looking forward to that are coming up soon.

1. I know I've talked about this before but this weekend Alp is coming up to NYC to visit me all by himself!! I have such an exciting weekend planned. We are going to the bodies exhibit and also to the new planetarium show at the Natural History Museum. Also we have tickets to the Blue Man group on Saturday night in the 3rd row!!!! I seriously am excited to do all those things independently from the fact that it will be with Alp, though it will make it even more fun!

2. My softball game on Thursday: my awesome undefeated team will strike again. Our main rivals are out of the competition, practically securing our win of the championship.

3. When today is over. I already want to be home and away from work. :)

Movies that I saw this weekend and mini-reviews:

Pirates of the Caribeean: Dead Man's Chest
This movie was highly entertaining. I really enjoyed it. I think that Orlando Bloom is really cute but a horrible actor. Johnny Depp is the highlight of this movie by far. I really really enjoyed it. Will it win an Oscar? Hell no, but honestly I don't care.

The Night Listener
Don't go and see this. It pretty much creeped me out. Not like, "The Ring" creeped me out, but enough for me to tell you not to go and see it. Toni Colette is creepy and Robin Williams is also as usual. It was a scary "based on a true story" type plot. You should NOT see it. It creeps me out just to talk about it on here.

Anyway, hope everyone has a good week. Especially those who are returning from a two-week stint at MLW. My thoughts are with all of you!

Keep in touch!

Love,
Lauren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home