Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Ukraine/WC and Emily

I hope Ukraine gets CRUSHED by Saudi Arabia. I hate Ukraine. They are up 2-0 right now and the Saudi's are not giving that great of a performance. Boo----Ukraine. Uh, they won. I hate Ukraine.

So speaking of Ukraine, I found Dave's myspace page this weekend. It was weird. I mean, I knew he is getting married and all that stuff. I saw pictures of Marie, this infamous woman that i got dumped for---I am clearly cuter and that made me feel happy. It's funny how that works, when girls find out that they are cuter than the girl they got replaced by---they are happy about it, even though she is exactly what at one point you were/want to be. Somehow being cuter justifies everything, even if you were dumped. :) Whatever, at this point in history, I'm totally OK with him getting married. I mean, I hope that he ends up happy with her. Even though he hurt me and was/is an asshole, I don't want bad things to happen to him. I think that one day, he'll realize how mean and selfish he is and how he treats people in his life like pawns or characters in a book called "The Romantic Hemmingwayesque Life of Dave".

This blog entry has a lot of potential for today but I have so much work to do---so I can't really take the time---or else I won't post at all. I'm sorry if it is sub-par.

Funny advice for the day: I was reading the "ask Amy" section of the Washington Post. And I found a gem---please read on...

Dear Amy:
Responding to the letter from the person who worked in a pet shop and served as an unintended babysitter for youngsters whose parents would drop them off -- this shop needs a sign like the one in our local grocery store, which is quite appropriate for the pet shop:

"Children not under adult supervision will be given an espresso and a free puppy."


I had a great weekend with Emily who came up to visit. We went to a comedy show with Jess on Friday night. All the comics were really funny except for the last guy. He was replusive. He kept making sexual comments and "jokes" but they weren't funny and they made me want to wretch all over the table. I was like debating on yelling out loud, "Please stop, you are hurting my ears and brain."

Saturday morning Emily and I went out to breakfast at the diner by my house. Then we bought a much needed air conditioner for my apartment. That was a bit of a disaster. It took us like an hour, at least, to install it. One would think that it is easy to install a window unit in ones apartment but it takes patience and a lot of direction reading. We finally conquered it and now my living/kitchen is wonderful. I thought that this unit would be enough to cool the entire apartment but after experiencing last night in the hear and now realize that is an incorrect assessment. I have to buy another one for my bedroom. The fan in the window does jack shit except spread around the hot and humid outside air. So---that is my next project for when I have time, like, never.

Then we showered and headed downtown to meet some of my co-workers and Jessica at Buster's Garage to watch the USA vs. Italy game. It was a really good game. There were so many people wanting to get inside the bar that we had to go updown to this like weird sort of WT bar, but it was cool and cheap, to watch the rest of the game. Then Jess went home and Emily and I began the walk back to my house. We went into Time Warner center and sauntered into Sephora. I bought a new scent and I'm really excited about it---it smells wonderful. Then I was like, "Do you want to ask the dude to give us a makeover?" and so Emily asked Lamar, the gay brilliant makeup artist, to show me how to do a smokey eye. He did an incredible job. I looked awesome. Then he did Emily and he looked awesome too. Got some cute things at JCrew and then we walked through the park back home. At this point, we were hungry again and it was late. We had spent a LOT of time in the mall place. We ate a yumy dinner at Willy's and then were so tired from walking all around in the sun that day that we went back to my apartment, made margaritas and watched a movie. It was the perfect end to the perfect day. :)

Sunday was a little different though equally as fun. We woke up, headed downtown to Chelsea and ate brunch at this really cute place. Very gay, but very cute. Then we walked down to the village and did some window shopping, stepped in and out of bookstores, and tried to not to die of hyperthermia b/c it was MAD hot here in the city. Emily then went home and I took a nap. Then I made dinner and relaxed in my airconditioned living room. It was brilliant.

I have so much MLW stuff to do this week. Staff Day #2 is on Saturday and the directors are like: of Draft plans are due, but then they try and be slick and then include a bulleted list of all these details that have to be included in these said "draft" plans. UH...

I love my team: GO FIFA!!!

I have to do more work. Today is busy busy busy!

Love,
Lauren

P.S I saw David Schwimmer on the street on Saturday downtown. He is a bad dressed in real life. :)

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, June 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Funny thing, I got an email from Dave this morning. Apparently, his sister is moving to Charlotte. And as the MAYOR, I have to show her around. Can I talk to her or must I shun her as well???

    As for the WC, the Ukranie bounced back big time. I watched England/Sweden at my desk today - great match. I can't wait until Thursday and if we win, I'm not going back to work. Ciao - DLT

     

Post a Comment

<< Home