Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Interviews and Noodles

I knew that today was going to be a good day right when I woke up. I woke up seconds before my alarm went off. I finally had gotten enough rest. I think the 4am wake up yesterday really slowed me down. I left work a bit early and hurried home. I stripped, and passed out on the bed for about 40 minutes. I woke up to my doorbell. It was Jessica. She was meeting me to come up to Harlem to help interview my kids at the BGC (yeah---mike what?!?). We meandered up there---a few more volunteers came and the interviews went really well. The kids looked really nice and all cute dressed up. :) Especially Josh. He was wearing the cutest outfit.

Anyway, we went back to my house, so that I could take out my contact that had been in my mouth for about 2 hours b/c right when we left my apt, there was something in it and it was hurting so badly. I didn't have my contact case with me so I just stuck it in my mouth, attempting to talk for the rest of the evening. It actually worked out great. Then, Jess and I went to Noodles 28. I am pretty much OBSESSED with Noodles 28. The bun there is flipping amazing. I pigged out until I couldn't eat anymore and I still had a LOT left in my bowl, so I brought it for lunch. I'm totally boosted about the idea of eating it all over again for lunch today. I know that Lindsay is mad jealous of me, since she introduced me to this delicious place after the time me, her and Bethy went.

The Christmas lights on the pole in my bathroom ALL burned out last week. I had been noticing that some of the lights had burned out---but I thought that was normal since they had been on non-stop for about six months. But then, I came home from work one day and the whole string was off. I was kind of annoyed. They were a great addition to my bathroom and I always got compliments on them. Luckily, I had an extra string of them---the string that was on the Christmas tree. So---I took those out of the Christmas box and hung them up. Voila! Lights back on!

My blister from batting cages on Saturday is still hurting. For the game on Thursday, I think I need some sort of bandage or padding under my batting glove so that it doesn't KILL when I get up to the plate.

Something else I'm looking for---I need a good foot lotion that I can use daily. In the summer my feet get really dry and I need somethign to hydrate them. Suggestions are welcome, but I can also just read Glamour or Cosmo and there will be some trendy lotion available.

Something has been bothering me recently: So the movie "The Omen" came out last week. And it starts that "cute" satan child or whatever.
One thing I have to ask is...why would any parent let their kid play the spawn of Satan? Don't you think these kids are going to be scarred, what if the kids ACTUALLY thinks he's the spawn of satan? Aren't we then breeding murderers? Other questionable roles for children that I myself as a parent wouldn't even ever consider are on Law & Order SVU---like those kids that play characters who were molested or raped. Do the kids even know what those horrible things are? Why are we willing to expose child actors to things like this at the expense of people like me---who are obsessed with these type of shows? I guess that's entertainment. But I'm honestly surprised that there hasn't been a study or article written about how these freakish and horrible roles affect these kids who are supposedly "normal".

If there is anything else to report, I can't remember it. So----that's it for today.

HTD!

Love,
Lauren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home