Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Monday, June 05, 2006

MLW and Sick

So this weekend was staff training weekend. It didn't start off that well for me. I left work around the time I normally do when I need to get to Penn station to catch a train to B'more. Erica was picking me up at the station and then we were going to drive over to McDaniel together, being fashionably late to the training weekend. Oh, it was POURING when I went outside to get on the E over to the west side. I noticed all these people standing outside the station and thought they were just trying to get out of the rain, but really the E and V trains were flooded and not running. Time was ticking away and I NEEDED to catch that train! I ran over to DR to get some cab money and then I hopped in one of those lincoln town car cabs with this other business guy to hitch a ride over to Penn station, he zipped through traffic with amazing celerity and I actually made it to the train station in time. But all of that rushing was in vain becuase lightening had struck some tower or station on the Amtrak line and all the trains were delayed. Mine finally got off an hour late. I felt so bad for Erica, but it ended up working out just fine. It was on the train when I started to feel sick and that my throat was getting sore and my nost stuffed up. When we finally got to the college---it was time for hall meetings and I was debbie downer and sick. Of course I stayed for Sanity though and we had a grand old time.

Saturday I woke up and it was still really sick so after "eating" breakfast, going to morning sing and diversity, I took a nap until the staff meeting. I'm really excited about my team. :) I can't believe I'm on the same team as Charlie. :) I'm boosted about that. Sanity on Saturday night was great and the class that Mike and I taught to the new staff went really well, so I was happy about that. Other than getting numerous phone calls from Ron and Charlie dinking 80s rap into the phone, I slept pretty well even though I was still sick. Sunday at McDaniel came and went and then Charlie drove me home. I passed out in the car with ease. He dropped me off at the pool and so I saw Stephanie and Alp for a minute. Then i went back to my parents house, did laundry, took a killer nap, ate dinner and then we headed off to the airport. My plane was "on-time" but really they meant, let's sit on the tarmac for an hour because there is "too much air traffic going into NY." So that was annoying. But I came home, organized my things and passed out.

I was still feeling sick this morning---I was really tired. Really tired. I know my body is telling me I need sleep although my schedule really doesn't permit a lot of sleep. Tonight I have boys and girls club, tomorrow i'm going to the batting cages and doing MLW stuff, and then Wednesday I have a happy hour date with my friend Kate and then on Thursday I have my first softball game with post-game dinner and drinks. How am I supposed to go to bed early!

Any NY people want to go to the batting cages with me tomorrow?!? I don't want to go alone, nor will I so----Katie, how about you?

I mean, a lot of fun things happened this weekend, but MLW stuff is hard to explain to the ignorant. And---I'm not awake enough to even try. I'm excited for a crazy busy summer.

I hope I kick this sick thing soon, it's dragging me down you know?!

MLW folk, don't forget to RSVP to the BBQ on Sunday.

Love,
Lauren

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, June 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I miss Staff Training Weekend and MLW. I feel so out of the loop. And your team should be BOMB with Charlie - that's sick. Maybe if I had stayed in the mix...

    It must also be nice to be able to travel by plane, train and automobile. Around here, the train would have taken 12 hours to get to DC.

    Anyway, hope you are feeling better. Give me a shout later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home