Simply Lauren.

one day i'll write a book. but for now, this blog will do.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Subway and Refridgerator

I'm officially pissed at blogger.com. I hate them. They erased everything that I had saved from before---TWICE. I had written a PIMP entry---TWICE--- and it got erased. If this entry sucks, it's cause I'm so mad I had to write it again---I now actually have to do work too---I am so mad.

Something is wrong with the styrofoam at my office. It is sort of sticky. Whenever I hold or touch it, my hands feel sticky. Thus, I hate styrofoam. I think that styrofoam should be banned.

Here is why:

1. It's really bad for the environment. If you microwave it, which many people do, it lets off horrid gases into the ozone.
2. It makes a really awful sound when you scrape food off of it, like forks or spoons
3. The kind at MY office, is sticky and doesn't feel good to the touch.
4. We already have like 8 billion materials to make "containers" out of. No one would even blink if they just tossed all the styrofoam and replaced it with normal materials. How come it isn't banned yet? I hate styrofoam. I'm now boycotting it.

Subway Stories:

1. I saw a little girl STRAIGHT up eating her bogies on the train last night on the way down to 99 John. It was gross, but she was really cute. She kept staring at the cupcakes I had made for Michael's birthday. I wanted to give her and her brothers one, but I was saving them for dessert. And then---the whole train would have wanted some---ugh, I couldn't handle it just then.

2. I saw these two women on the subway chatting and then one, that was particularly bitchy looking pulled out this white sheet of paper with a letter on it, it looked like. I couldn't help but try and read what was on it, especially since there were words that were underlined repeatedly on it. I finally could focus my efforts a bit more---I saw that it seemed like a letter to her boyfriend/ex-boyfriend. All the underlined words were like, "fucker" and "motherfucker" and the sentences were like the same over and over something like this, "You are gonna pay mother fucker, you are such a fucker." With all the cuss-words underlined. It was so lame/hilarious. After a while of reading the same sentence over and over---I got bored. Actually what really happened was that the lady saw that I was trying to read it and gave me the death started and then then put the letter away. Luckily right as that happened, I was at Fulton St. Phew, averted disaster.

3. A sad fact...I find myself, especially on subways---checking out the ring fingers of all the cute men I see. Has it really come to this sad state? *sigh* Remember, I'm single. Please inquire within. As a side note to this---Matt Baker touched me on the shoulder yesterday when he asked me how I was doing. It was the greatest day of my life.


I need a new refridgerator. Besides the fact that it makes a loud grinding sound every once in a while...I came home last night from 99 John and went to the bathroom. I then walked back into the kitchen when I noticed a LARGE PUDDLE of water under my kitchen table? WTF! I then took my "clean-up" towel and wiped everything up and put in under the fridge so that it would soak up anything else. I'm calling my landlord today and this is how the conversation is going to go:

Me: Hi, I'm Lauren, the one from 1589?
Laura the receptionist: Oh, Hi, how are you?
Me: Well...I'm sort of in a bad position. My fridgerator still isn't fixed. Twice people have come to fix my fridge and it's still broken. Last night there was water all over my floor and it still makes that horrible grinding noise.
Laura the Receptionist: Ok, well...we'll send someone else to come fix it.
Me: No, I need a new fridge. There is clearly something with my fridge that the "people" can't fix.
Laura the Receptionist: Well---I'll call you back about what the company says about that.
Me: No, bitch, you are going to put me on hold, call them right now and get me a new fucking fridge. Right?**
Laura the Receptionist: Yes, ma'am, sorry Lauren, whatever you want. **
Me: Damn straight...**

World Cup: I hope Spain beats the eff out of Ukraine. For me, Ukraine represents Dave and things that he liked, therefore I hate Ukraine. They are currently down 3-0, so I don't think I have anything to worry about, but you know how games can get...GO ESPANA!! Ahem---4-0. :) Things are going my way today. Wait---they just won. :) WHooop!

Michael wants to change his name--for when he models. I pretty much told him I refuse to call him by his model name until he either becomes famous or he goes by the new name for as long as he's gone by Michael. I'm not going to tell you the new name because you will all be like, "Oh, I know __________. I knew him before he was ___________ and before he was famous. Simply Lauren wrote about ___________ on her blog and he's really great." Basically, you all are going to get big heads about knowing him before he was famous and then say you knew him b/c I know him. Right? Right.

What if-----those "SILICA" packets that come with shoes and other things in boxes you know? Well you know how they say "DO NOT EAT! THROW AWAY!" all over them? What if, in fact, they are the most delicious things in the world, like rock candy or something? I bet the person who invented them is like---"Ha! I've fooled everyone! I get the rock candy all to myself!"

Happy Hump Day!

Love,
Lauren

P.S I need to shout out---Julia and Maura. I promised them I would shout them out on Sat night but honestly I forgot about it in my earlier posts. You two rule and I hope we get to hang out again! Remember, there is always room in NYC for fun and sleepovers!

**Denotes a conversation that I would have in MY HEAD, not actually out loud. Real statements might include, "Thanks Laura! Have a great day!" on my part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home